ucla msw

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psychgirl05

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all!
i was interested in knowing the stats for people who have been accepted into ucla's msw program. i tried to find average gpa/gre scores online but couldn't find them. to anyone who has been accepted, what were your scores/extra curricular activities/work/volunteer experience? how competitive is the program?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I was a successful applicant to UCLA's MSW program a couple years ago. My stats: about a 3.4, 1120 GRE (5 writing), 2 years of full-time work experience in the field between UG and grad school, plus some volunteer / internship experience. in-state, applied for mental health.

I don't know the average stats of a successful applicant, but I believe the acceptance rate I read at one point was about 25 - 30%.

I am a new 1st year msw student at UCLA. my overall GPA was 3.17 and undergraduate major in SW was 3.9. I went straight from my BA into ucla the following fall, I had very limited experience but I guess my BASW helped out.

Members don't see this ad :)
I recently was accepted to UCLA's program, after working 3 years in entertainment market research, an unrelated field. I did however, have a lot of volunteer experience throughout my undergrad and afterwards. I've heard that most accepted candidates obtain undergrad GPA's around 3.4, and GRE scores of 1200 and above.

FYI, if you are thinking about going to UCLA, I highly recommend going to the diversity recruitment fair since it was by far the most helpful resource for potential students. I've attached the materials they are distributed to my site: http://thenudgepatrol.blogspot.com/2010/05/ucla-msw-recruitment-materials.html

Last edited:
Hi Mich07,

I am attending the diversity recruitment fair but trying to prepare my personal statement to take with me on the day. I was just trying to access the materials you have distributed to your site but was unsuccessful in doing this. I realize they may be outdated but I thought they would still be helpful to me. Can you please post another link which directs us to the materials?

Thank you