UCLA pre-dental course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pppeachykeen

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new here. I wanted to know if anyone here has taken the UCLA pre-dental courses? How do you get in? I called a couple weeks ago asking for info but they only took my name and address and said they would be mailing out info at the beginning of June. What's the capacity for the courses? Do you have to apply or something?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone, I'm new here. I wanted to know if anyone here has taken the UCLA pre-dental courses? How do you get in? I called a couple weeks ago asking for info but they only took my name and address and said they would be mailing out info at the beginning of June. What's the capacity for the courses? Do you have to apply or something?

Bump because I also want to know.

Hey guys, I just took the tooth waxing technique course at UCLA a little over a month ago. You don't necessarily "apply" for the class. How it works is that after you call and register by giving them your name, address, etc., they will send you a confirmation/follow-up letter in the mail, and in it information regarding where to send the fees for the course and supplies, parking, and so on. I believe the enrollment is limited to about ~ 50 people or so, so you may want to register and pay early to make sure space doesn't fill up. I took the waxing technique course, so I can only speak of my experience about that. It was fun, but definitely a lot of work and could get very frustrating. What's also cool is that if you pass the practical exam, Mark Hunt, the teacher of the course will write you a LOR in addition to a certificate of completion (everybody receives the certificate, but not the LOR). Hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
are there any such pre-dent courses or summer internship programs that any of you have attended or know of for the east coast?

are there any such pre-dent courses or summer internship programs that any of you have attended or know of for the east coast?

They have a summer course at UPenn, but it's already filled for this summer.

Thanks for the response, impeterle. I gave my name and address so I guess I just wait for them to mail the stuff!

I didnt know nova had the same course. Does anyone know where to get the information please?

i hope this link may help:

http://www.dent.ucla.edu/continuingeducation/index.asp?id=520

check the schedule and classes they offer. then, prepare your check and write the check payable to the uni and to the instructor.

if you live around LA area, dont wait, just go there by yourself. coz classes are filled very quickly.

it's valuable and strengthen your techniques.

Good luck!!

I didnt know nova had the same course. Does anyone know where to get the information please?[/QUOTE

I'm not sure if it's full by now cause my firend signed up a little bit ago and it was getting pretty full. You go to the nove website for dentistry and click on continuing education if you scroll near the bottom I believe it's on there. I think it begins June 22nd.

Thanks for the info guys, appreciate it!!!