UCLA Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

L8DYV

refreshing
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I had an interview with Dr. Lefever and Goldstein on March 6th and surprisingly the interview went very well. So well, that both interviewers told me they would like to welcome me to the class and they look forward to seeing me in the fall. So now its been 2 days and I'm waiting in anticipation for that call from Noemi. Is it typical for interviewers to tell applicants they they will be accepted at the interview?? Just curious to know. Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

L8DYV said:
Hi,

I had an interview with Dr. Lefever and Goldstein on March 6th and surprisingly the interview went very well. So well, that both interviewers told me they would like to welcome me to the class and they look forward to seeing me in the fall. So now its been 2 days and I'm waiting in anticipation for that call from Noemi. Is it typical for interviewers to tell applicants they they will be accepted at the interview?? Just curious to know. Thanks guys.

sounds like i'll see you there next fall. just be patient, it takes them about 1-2 weeks until you hear from Noemi. I think the committee meets once a week.

During my interview, I told the interviewer that I tutor DAT at Kaplan, so he asked if I wanted to help out and tutor some of the ucla's post bacc students. We arranged it all later that day and soon after I began working there. I took that as an informal invite to attend ucla, and sure enough 2 weeks late Noemi called.

Good luck.

L8DYV said:
Hi,

sounds like i'll see you there next fall. just be patient, it takes about 1-2 weeks until you hear from Noemi. I think the committee meets once a week.

During my interview, I told the interviewer that I tutor DAT at Kaplan, so he asked if I wanted to help out and tutor some of the ucla's post bacc students. We arranged it all later that day and soon after I began working there. I took that as an informal invite to attend ucla, and sure enough 2 weeks late Noemi called.

Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
howui3 said:
sounds like i'll see you there next fall. just be patient, it takes about 1-2 weeks until you hear from Noemi. I think the committee meets once a week.

Good luck.

Awesomeness!! I can't wait!!!

As a further assuage. The interviewers are professionals. They will stick to their word. I had a dental ethics discussion group with Dr. Lefever, and I don't think she'll mislead people in anyway. So congratulations on UCLA. So have you decided if you'll be studying before school starts or will you be doing something else?

jk5177 said:
As a further assuage. The interviewers are professionals. They will stick to their word. I had a dental ethics discussion group with Dr. Lefever, and I don't think she'll mislead people in anyway. So congratulations on UCLA. So have you decided if you'll be studying before school starts or will you be doing something else?

Assauge? Thanks for the comforting wordage, hehe...Studying before school starts? As in, studying for my first year of dental school??? People really do this?? If so, what do you recommend I study? :)

L8DYV said:
Assauge? Thanks for the comforting wordage, hehe...Studying before school starts? As in, studying for my first year of dental school??? People really do this?? If so, what do you recommend I study? :)

I think he was joking about studying before school starts.

drhobie7 said:
I think he was joking about studying before school starts.
I was joking but I think it would have been helpful had did some studying on anatomy before Fisher stretched my levator ani's. =)