UCLA re-applicant LORs question

Started by Ggnome
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ggnome

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I'm re-applying to UCLA and have passed their initial screening to get a secondary. Under the re-applicant section on their website, they say that "The applicant should forward two letters of recommendation from associates during this period of time. " I have one letter from my employer this past year (I worked as a teacher), but I'm wondering if, for the second letter, it would be better to get a letter from a doctor that I shadowed or perhaps a co-worker? It seems like "associate" would mean someone that I worked with...but I also think that a letter from an M.D. whom I've worked with clinically would be better. What do you think?
 
Hi everyone,

I'm re-applying to UCLA and have passed their initial screening to get a secondary. Under the re-applicant section on their website, they say that "The applicant should forward two letters of recommendation from associates during this period of time. " I have one letter from my employer this past year (I worked as a teacher), but I'm wondering if, for the second letter, it would be better to get a letter from a doctor that I shadowed or perhaps a co-worker? It seems like "associate" would mean someone that I worked with...but I also think that a letter from an M.D. whom I've worked with clinically would be better. What do you think?

I would definitely submit the MD letter and not the co-worker one since they already have your employer evaluation.