UCLA secondary question - help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chapung

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
in the scholastic achievements part that asks "In college have you completed one or more years of the following..." does anybody know if we are supposed to mark yes, no, or no answer if we have not yet, but will have completed the course requirements by the time we graduate? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

in the scholastic achievements part that asks "In college have you completed one or more years of the following..." does anybody know if we are supposed to mark yes, no, or no answer if we have not yet, but will have completed the course requirements by the time we graduate? thanks!

Be honest. I would avoid saying "No answer", as it has a lot of connotations. You either finished it or you didn't. They can see your application, it's just a general overview. You technically should've completed the pre-med prereqs. (The required ones.) The Math and Spanish ones, I'd be honest about. Maybe that's just me. I may finish a year of Spanish for example, but I said No as I have not gone about doing it. Should I not do it, I'd be dubbed a liar. Also, UCLA is famous for giving an interview partially in Spanish if you say you're fluent, but I don't think they ask that anywhere really, so I'm assuming its the Yes in Spanish. If you're honest, you can't go wrong. I don't think they would've let you fill out a secondary (since it IS screened) if you weren't going to fulfill the pre-med requirements.

Be honest. I would avoid saying "No answer", as it has a lot of connotations. You either finished it or you didn't. They can see your application, it's just a general overview. You technically should've completed the pre-med prereqs. (The required ones.) The Math and Spanish ones, I'd be honest about. Maybe that's just me. I may finish a year of Spanish for example, but I said No as I have not gone about doing it. Should I not do it, I'd be dubbed a liar. Also, UCLA is famous for giving an interview partially in Spanish if you say you're fluent, but I don't think they ask that anywhere really, so I'm assuming its the Yes in Spanish. If you're honest, you can't go wrong. I don't think they would've let you fill out a secondary (since it IS screened) if you weren't going to fulfill the pre-med requirements.

Actually, you could specify the languages you speak on your primary app. So I dont think that the "yes" for the Spanish thing = fluent in Spanish = partly interview in spanish.

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, you could specify the languages you speak on your primary app. So I dont think that the "yes" for the Spanish thing = fluent in Spanish = partly interview in spanish.

That is true. :p I dunno. A part of me thinks they don't look at the primary for the interview. Only because then they wouldn't ask us to answer the question...in question.

That is true. :p I dunno. A part of me thinks they don't look at the primary for the interview. Only because then they wouldn't ask us to answer the question...in question.

Makes sense, but would a year in any language = fluent? I'm not too sure about that.

I guess going back to the OP's inquiry, I dont really think it matters that much. But dont answer yes if you wont be able to follow through cause those are the prereqs.

hm, thanks for all your replies. i wasnt sure what to do because on the website, it says that you're ok if you haven't completed the required prereqs prior to application as long as you complete them prior to matriculation. I've only completed half of the English and Math thus far, but that'll all be taken care of soon enough..

btw, does anyone have ucla office of admission's telephone #? i can't seem to find it anywhere!

oh yeah.. and i didnt know that they were notorious for conducting the interview partially in spanish.. i will definitely be keeping that in mind