sgdorfl90

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 12, 2005
Status
Just wanted to know my fellow bruins on this forum, and I know there are a lot, and if for those who have been accepted, if its possible can u share ur gpa/dat and school you are going. Thanks a lot. BRUINS!!!!!!

brad219

10+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
Holla back!!

UCLA biochem major :D applying right now with a 22 on the DAT and an average GPA :p

RuffT33

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2005
Status
Yo neuroscience major in the process of applying. Best of luck to everyone.

About the Ads

Plaqueman

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 20, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
bio major also in the process, hopefully the dental gods will be smiling down on us this cycle

Dentalist

carpe diem
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2003
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
bio major applying this cycle as well. hopefully we will get some love from dental schools AND beat the trojans football by december! :D

Good luck everyone!

Dentalist

OP
S

sgdorfl90

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 12, 2005
Status
hey guys, I am just finishing up in summer. I have heard from a lot of people that the competitiveness of our schools really helps out at big schools, so don't worry. But I have been on this forum for a while, and this year does seem rediculous. Last year, I believe only 2 ppl had higher than 25 on the forum. And this year, ppl are posting 29. As for me, I have 23/24/18, which WAS considered crazy last year, but now it's wutever. In any case, I really do hope it all works out for us, and get some love from our own dental school. Gl, and keep it BUMPin.

brad219

10+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
I work in a neuropharmacology lab in our dental school with one of the SOD faculty members...I'm hoping that gives me a little advantage. :D

OP
S

sgdorfl90

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 12, 2005
Status
BUMP...there's gotta be more bruins than

OP
S

sgdorfl90

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 12, 2005
Status
BUMP...there's gotta be more bruins than 6

Mrxle3

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2005
Los Angeles
Status
Pre-Dental
I just went to UCLA and really got a glimpse of the entire campus for the first time this week. I must say it's quite beautiful, and I'm glad I'll be going there in the Fall =) Good luck to the applicants this year!

EyeAmCommi

Los Angeles Smog
10+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Status
UCLA was certainly my dream school and I'm proof that dreams do come true. Good luck all!

About the Ads

masterofpuppet

Im Pulling Your Strings
10+ Year Member
May 28, 2006
California
Status
UCLA ! the school that i have a love-hate relationship with!
biochem major, taking summer school and it sucks!

RuffT33

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2005
Status
I'm feeling the summer school pain. I should be studying for my biochem midterm, but studying during the summer just feels soo wrong.

dontbam

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
RuffT33 said:
I'm feeling the summer school pain. I should be studying for my biochem midterm, but studying during the summer just feels soo wrong.
aka i will be studying when my roommate goes to sleep!

no lies!! we all know ucla students are hardcore and study like crazy despite the fact that 90% pretend they dont study!

RuffT33

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2005
Status
I actually have no problem admitting to the fact that I study. Most people aren't hardcore, but we do put in our time.

bruinpredent

UCLA School of Dentistry
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2006
Status
Dental Student
3rd year biochem, applying next year and taking the DATs this summer

ConfusedOne

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2004
Status
sgdorfl90 said:
hey guys, I am just finishing up in summer. I have heard from a lot of people that the competitiveness of our schools really helps out at big schools, so don't worry. But I have been on this forum for a while, and this year does seem rediculous. Last year, I believe only 2 ppl had higher than 25 on the forum. And this year, ppl are posting 29. As for me, I have 23/24/18, which WAS considered crazy last year, but now it's wutever. In any case, I really do hope it all works out for us, and get some love from our own dental school. Gl, and keep it BUMPin.
awesome DAT scores!!! Good luck with the applications and interviews.

4th year microbio major here. Haven't taken the DAT :rolleyes:

Mysteree

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2006
Status
Dental Student
Um, I'd beg to differ re: only 2 ppl had higher than 25 in this last cycle on this forum..that's not true. Our cycle was quite vicious, and yours is supposed to be tough as well. Having just completed this process, I truly wish you all the best! Try not to let the madness get to you :)

sgdorfl90 said:

bruinbear

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2004
W LA
Status
Mysteree said:
Um, I'd beg to differ re: only 2 ppl had higher than 25 in this last cycle on this forum..that's not true. Our cycle was quite vicious, and yours is supposed to be tough as well. Having just completed this process, I truly wish you all the best! Try not to let the madness get to you :)
good dat score!
biochem 4th year, taking 156 in summer :scared:

OP
S

sgdorfl90

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 12, 2005
Status
Mysteree said:
i was on this forum all year and was addicted like it was sex, and I saw rajmahal and couple others getting 25+, and when cowsgomoo got a 24, people went crazy and that thread had like 100 replies. This year, and I am sure you will agree, that to this point, many of you have witnessed many many 25+. I don't want to take anything away from previous year's students, all i m saying is that this year seems much crazier and I am sure next year's ppl will say the same thing. Screw Medicine, dentistry is the best field.

About the Ads