UCLA, UOP... Is there hope?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ssik

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how full the classes are (now that it's post-Dec.1) for either UCLA or UOP? Are they continuing to interview? Any chance left for these?

Members don't see this ad.

i don't think UCLA is quite done yet... but i think UOP is. armorshell prob can tell you definitively

UCLA just accepted 35 people so not even half of the class is full and I know they would send out more interviews for January and March in 2 weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think UoP has any more seats. It might be few students who decline their offer, but it will be very very few seats available for post December.

UCLA has been very slow and there are still chances. We'll see in couple of weeks.

I hope you guys are right about UCLA. I would give anything to go there :)

Last week, I went to UCLA to pick up my acceptance letter and talked to Neomi. So be relax you still have a good chance of hearing from UCLA.

UoP is full? that's ridiculous.... I want my f'ing secondary money back.. And no, I won't let them pay me by Visa, or Mastercard, or personal cheque for that matter. Money Order only. Let's see how they like that!

This is so lame!! They have only recently told me that my applicaiton is complete - because the deadline was, in all fairness, Dec 1!!! I made the deadline.. but for them to have filled up all the spots already? ridiculous.

Argh, they mislead me.

Last edited:
I don't think that UOP is done filling the class...I have an interview in January and I was told I was told it was an interview for a seat in the class.

Uop is not even close to done. they may have about 60-70% of their class full from the dec 1st acceptances. some of the people i know currently attending had their interviews as late as February and they were told that it was for a seat, not an alternate. have hope and wait for mid January to come as more interviews will be sent out. :) also, ucla just started. plenty of time left in the game for them.

Interviews past the middle of January or so are for "a seat in the class", but how many seats are left and how many students are interviewing for that one seat?

Odds aren't good.

UCLA, however, still has quite a bit of space left. ;)

How did u guys know UCLA has accepted 35 ppl...I feel so bad now...so many ppl got accept ><

im also kinda curious how you guys have come to the conclusion that UOP has few spaces left?

im also kinda curious how you guys have come to the conclusion that UOP has few spaces left?

I honestly don't know for fact if UOP filled their entire class. But for the last 2 years when the admissions rep has come to our school, she's said they straight up fill the class on Dec. 1st which is why all the people who have an interview pre Dec. 1st get so excited because they're basically given an acceptance right there. So I would make the assumption that they did the same thing this year since it's the same admissions people working there still.

Members don't see this ad :)
I honestly don't know for fact if UOP filled their entire class. But for the last 2 years when the admissions rep has come to our school, she's said they straight up fill the class on Dec. 1st which is why all the people who have an interview pre Dec. 1st get so excited because they're basically given an acceptance right there. So I would make the assumption that they did the same thing this year since it's the same admissions people working there still.

That could definitely be true, especially if admissions says it to be. But there are at least a couple dozen that opt to attend other schools (i.e. own state schools, UCSF, UCLA, etc.) so I would think there will be spots open come January 15th.

That could definitely be true, especially if admissions says it to be. But there are at least a couple dozen that opt to attend other schools (i.e. own state schools, UCSF, UCLA, etc.) so I would think there will be spots open come January 15th.

Exactly. They "fill" the class as in they accept the number of people that would fill the class if all of them accepted. But that only happens in an ideal world. This this world, a good 20-30% will say no and opt to go to a better school/cheaper school, therefore opening up spots.

Exactly. They "fill" the class as in they accept the number of people that would fill the class if all of them accepted. But that only happens in an ideal world. This this world, a good 20-30% will say no and opt to go to a better school/cheaper school, therefore opening up spots.

Agreed. The reality is, despite being a great school, UOP is not everyone's top choice. Obviously it's the reason why only 60-70% of the class is usually filled from the dec 1st acceptances. Although, I wouldn't be surprised that it could be 70-75% now due to the rising popularity of UOP. From experience, friends of mine there told me that a good share of them (not 5-10) were accepted with Jan-March interviews. I would not consider it a lost cause for UOP at this point. A Jan 15th interview is probably as good as a pre-dec interview. And if you consider your chances as "not good" at this point, well...think about it...it's past december and it's late in the game...almost all schools have the cream of the crop and early birds picked out, now it's on to the late apps and the "early bird pending/under review" apps to be re-reviewed. Hopefully good things come to those who are patient.

Did Noemi tell one of u that they already mailed out 35 ppl?? :confused:

Still no news from UCLA. I called + emailed them this week and they said my file is complete. I guess I need to continue waiting patiently...

I know UCSF states on their website how many enrolled students went to CA state school and how many went to private... Does anyone know these stats for UCLA?

My slot at UoP will be opening up shortly... I hope you get it:)

Both UCLA and UOP are not full, for UOP you still have a good shot to get in post-December, around february and March they start doing interviews for the Waitlist and they take in about 30 people, from the 30 people 10-15 get in this year, and many of my friends got into UCLA later in the cycle. So don't lose hope. Good Luck

UOP is not full yet. But one of the admission people said they started to send out rejection letters last friday.

Both UCLA and UOP are not full, for UOP you still have a good shot to get in post-December, around february and March they start doing interviews for the Waitlist and they take in about 30 people, from the 30 people 10-15 get in this year, and many of my friends got into UCLA later in the cycle. So don't lose hope. Good Luck

I second that with Ramforte, its not over for Pacific as the alternate list is always up for grabs up till March for scheduling interviews. Once your on that list the show goes on untill July. And after July, as many of us previous waitlisters know, it's one hell of a ride until december 1st so don't give up if you get that alternate interview. For UCLA, they are very slow this year and from what I hear and not even close to filling thier 90 seats.

I'm going to UCSF, so my spot at UOP will be open soon for the waitlisters

UCLA interviews late and accepts people late. I have classmates that interviewed in feb, march, and even april last year.

anyone get a interview invite at UCLA recently? Does anyone know when they'll start sending out interviews again? thank in advance.

I called UOP last week and they said any interviews from here on out are for waitlist.

waitlisted people have a good chance of getting in.

Last edited:
I sent an email to Noemi the other day (about something else) and she responded back (today) that they had selected me for an interview, but that they would send information in two weeks. So if I hadn't emailed her, I wouldn't have heard about it until then. So, hopeful people, look out for something in two weeks.

I sent an email to Noemi the other day (about something else) and she responded back (today) that they had selected me for an interview, but that they would send information in two weeks. So if I hadn't emailed her, I wouldn't have heard about it until then. So, hopeful people, look out for something in two weeks.
How much do you want for that interview? I am willing to pay up to $4,000 for it--but only because that's the amount of my life-savings...

(Edit: If I sell my car that'll make a grand total of $3,980--I'd have to pay $20 to recycle it)

Last edited:
I called UOP last week and they said any interviews from here on out are for waitlist.

WHAT!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I rather reapply next cycle, now that my top choice school is hopeless!!!!

Not that this is terribly helpful or anything, but if I get into the school that I'm waitlisted at, I would give up my spot at Pacific. (So if you want that seat at Pacific, send some good Karma my way!)

Yup, same thing for me too. I emailed to check the status of my application because I hadn't heard anything for almost 4 months and Noemi emailed me back saying I had been given an interview and will give me more details in a week.

Also, my boyfriend interviewed there last week and they told him they had given out about half of their class. There were only 2 students at his interview and the next one isn't until Jan 30th. I'm guessing they are getting this week's interviews out of the way and then inviting the next batch. I think UCLA's class is still wide open! They are so slow!!!

BUMP... Update anyone?

does anyone know how full ucla is? just got an interview. ucsf IS my first choice though. :p

email :) btw declined interview. Ucsf!!! For me

Last edited:
does anyone know how full ucla is? just got an interview. ucsf IS my first choice though. :p

Dunno how full they are, but UCLA is sending out some invites tomorrow and monday for actual spots in the class, then doing another round after that for alternates. Kind of a (really, really) long shot, but I want one :(

Got the email today... yay!!! Spoke with Noemi and she said the class was 3/4 filled so far... also I found another forum where a few current UCLA students said they interviewed in March and got in so... plenty of hope to go around!!! haha

I talked to Noemi last week and she said that they would be sending out interviews until the end of March. Seems like kind of a long time, but I'm not complaining. :)

hey guys, did your interview letters come via email or snailmail? thanks and good luck to all

Got the email today... yay!!! Spoke with Noemi and she said the class was 3/4 filled so far... also I found another forum where a few current UCLA students said they interviewed in March and got in so... plenty of hope to go around!!! haha

Congrats! I really wish I would get one, but I'm from out of state and it's late and I don't even know if my stats are up to par for their out of staters...not giving up until I get a definite no though! Do you mind me asking what your stats were and if you're a cali resident?

hey guys, did your interview letters come via email or snailmail? thanks and good luck to all

I'm pretty sure they come via email. That's what I was told when I asked Ms. Benitez, anyway.