UCLA/USC/LLU Dental Post-Bacc Program??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sharksurfer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i applied to these programs and i recently got an interview. i was curious to get some feedback as to anyone who may have had any experience with any of these programs. i tried searching, but couldnt really find what i was looking for.

anyone who participated in these programs get acceptances the following year? i know its pretty subjective, but now im torn between barry university masters program or hopefully so-cal post-bacc program..which would you choose?? please share your opinions and experience! thanks and goodluck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

These three programs each are run a little differently. At UCLA and LLU I believe you actually get to take a few classes with the 1st year dental students. In the case of LLU and USC you are highly likely to get into their dental school once accepted into their respective postbac programs. UCLA does not make any guarantees but you do have a leg up on the competition.

I would definitely choose the dental postbac program. It gives you more insight into what dental school is like and hence makes you more mentally ready when you begin dental school. These programs are run in order to make you a stronger applicant to dental schools. This specificity alone makes it worth it. Most students that I know who have done it have gone on to dental school. Just my two cents. Good luck with your decision.

I agree with the above post, if your ultimate goal is to go to dental school... choose the postbac if you can. The postbac program will not only prepare you for dental school but give you a leg up in the applicant pool, if you do well in it....i am currently in the usc dental postbac program and will start dental school at usc this coming fall. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys this thread is really helpful. However, in my search i found that this program is only meant for under-represented ethnic groups, therefore could you please send me a link to the one you'll applied?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I agree with the above post, if your ultimate goal is to go to dental school... choose the postbac if you can. The postbac program will not only prepare you for dental school but give you a leg up in the applicant pool, if you do well in it....i am currently in the usc dental postbac program and will start dental school at usc this coming fall. Good luck.

are you talkin about the one for minorities? or is it possible to get in if you arent a minority?