UCLA/USC rivalry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hey guys,

So my plan is to take a year off after I graduate from Berkeley. I have the possibility of doing some dental research at USC in that year off, however its just been brought to my attention that doing so may actually hurt me since I really really want to go to UCLA.

Also I was going to ask for a letter of rec from my dentist who I've been shadowing and getting to know but he went to USC dental.

Do you guys think that either of these might hurt or even eliminate my chances of acceptance?

Thanks.

Stats/background for reference:
UC Berkeley
4th year Neurobiology
Science/Overall GPA: 3.9
DAT: haven't taken one yet
~40 hrs of dentist shadowing

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

So my plan is to take a year off after I graduate from Berkeley. I have the possibility of doing some dental research at USC in that year off, however its just been brought to my attention that doing so may actually hurt me since I really really want to go to UCLA.

Also I was going to ask for a letter of rec from my dentist who I've been shadowing and getting to know but he went to USC dental.

Do you guys think that either of these might hurt or even eliminate my chances of acceptance?

Thanks.

UC Berkeley
4th year Neurobiology

although i cannot say this from the fact, but i can be very sure that working at USC or getting a letter from a dentist who graduated from USC will not hurt your chances at all

I think you should do whatever to make your application strong without worrying about that

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

Thanks.

UC Berkeley
4th year Neurobiology

that is ridiculous. its not isreal and palestine. its 2 LA colleges for cryin out loud. at most you'd get a smarmy comment. do the friggin research. :bang:

Thanks, I was really hoping that was the case. Really ridiculous if their rivalry was that crazy