Ucla

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adam82

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is UCLA's primary focus? Are they a big research school or alot of clinical? What are the pros of going there? I heard that the area there is really sketchy, is that true? I'm thinking of applying there.

Members don't see this ad.

adam82 said:
What is UCLA's primary focus? Are they a big research school or alot of clinical? What are the pros of going there? I heard that the area there is really sketchy, is that true? I'm thinking of applying there.

Dont know much about the school other than its in a very nice area. USC is the one in the sketchy area.

UCLA is in Westwood.... just across the freeway from Santa Monica ... dude that area is pretty nice... schools just really tough to get in... like all the other UC's and CA dental schools ...

UCLA is more of a research school and many students go on to specialize. They are in a VERY nice area like the above poster mentioned. In fact it's my understanding that students there have a hard to finding patients b/c most of them can afford going to a normal dentist. If you think the UCLA area is bad, don't even bother applying to USC, Columbia, or Temple.