UCONN Alternate List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adamant

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got a letter form UConn yesterday saying I'm on their alternate list. Specifically, in the middle third of the list. Anybody have an idea what this means for my chances of getting in? They said not to call them till after June 1st but that's a long time from now.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm from CT, and I know a lot of people that got off the alternate list. Specifically, I had a friend who decided that he wasn't going to medical school and got a job, then UCONN called him in August! I think your chances are pretty good because a lot of people probably hold on to the state acceptance while waiting to hear from some of the top schools.

From what I've heard, the 1st third has a great chance of getting in, the 2nd third a so-so chance, and the 3rd third almost no shot. But who knows with this year's AMCAS problems?

I thought that UCONN would let you know where you are on the list after May 15th?

Good luck! I hope to see you there next year!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent in my withdrawal today, so there's one more spot.

I got put on the alternate list; 3rd tier. I consider it a rejection, tearfully.

middle third my a$$...I returned a letter saying I'm no longer interested. Good Luck if you still are!

I received a letter in January saying that I'm on the list of alternate candidates, and that the list would be ranked in Fabruary/March. But so far I haven't heard anything about where I'm ranked on their list. When did you receive such notification?

When I interviewed at UConn back in January, I talked to 2 people that came off the waitlist the day before classes started. Is this common at other schools as well?