UConn Annual Open House for Prospective Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Plopper

"This too will pass"
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok, who else is attending? and i assume the dress is semi-formal (dress shirt and dockers with dress shoes?)

The REAL question is, the invite says parents/spouse is invited, but does anyone feel like they aren't/shouldn't bring their parents? (i'm not sure about the idea of mommy and daddy tagging along)

Anyone bringing their parents?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I will be attending the open house.

I think my mom might go because she is really interested in seeing the school and I don't feel like she would be tagging along, she just wants to learn about the school.

I'm going and bringing my parents. They want to learn all about financial aid and housing, so I figured it'd be better for them ask the administration their questions rather than if they ask me. Plus they're both excited since neither of them know much about dentistry.

Members don't see this ad :)
yes, both my parents wanted to come, but i just didn't know if it looks professional...i mean they absolutely were not allowed near the school when i interviewed, it just seems too childish when ppl brought their parents on the interviews.

i'll see if one of them can take the time off of work

Yeah I agree about the parents coming to interviews part being weird. But, the invite specifically asks you to bring your spouse/parents. I think they want to get to know you and your family, while you get a chance to get to know them too. :)

ok, well they're both working so oh well it looks like i'll be going alone

does anyone know what type of attire is required. I was thinking semi-formal, does that mean i should be wearing dress pants, shoes, shirt, tie and a sport jacket?