UCONN interview...for anyone!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xc1999

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I know there have been a couple of posts about the UCONN interview, but I still have one other question....

Were there any particular difficult or unusual questions asked by the interviewers?

Please reply...anybody....my UCONN interview is in a little more than a week! Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

I had my UCONN intw on 11/15. they interview 2 to 1 using two groups of faculty. The group that I had was very nice. The questions were somewhat unconventional. They are basically trying to ascertain whether their program is a good fit for your background and aspirations. I fet that they were really trying to know me as a person...my background, motivations and so on. It was intense...but not stressful. Read sallycinamon's post coz it's accurate in so far as the setup of the day is concerned. Also stay chill. It was my first interview and I am sure I babbled a lot coz I ended up in the room for about 50mins but being calm really helped.
by the way, it is perhaps one of the only chances you will get to be at the head of a conference table and have two tenured faculty listen to you :p

hehehe.....thanks a lot.....your help is much appreciated!!! :)

I just had my UCONN interview last week. Don't seat about it too much like I did. Just make sure that you have answers to the following questions:
Why do you want to become a dentist?
What did you major in XYZ?
Why did you get a C in this class?
What is your research about?
How did you prepare for your DAT?
Why UCONN?
Also, have some questions ready to ask them.
As far as my interview is considered, it was really laid back. I was the last one to go out of about 8. I was interviewed by a local dentist and this research faculty. They were very friendly. My interview lasted only about 25 minutes...and I was only asked about three questions. They spent the rest of the time answering my questions. I know that some of the other students took about 45-50 minutes. So the time varies...no need to worry because they only ask necessary questions.... The one thing that I loved about UCONN was the campus...it was located on a hill top...very nice view. Also, the students and faculty members were really nice. The school also has one of the best dental program in the country (as you might know)...and costs very little money compared to other schools. If I get accepted...I will definitely go for it...for now I am just keeping my fingers crossed and pray.
LT