UCONN interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sallycinnamon

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all,

for those of you who have been interviewed at UCONN before, could you please advise us of the format....group/ 1-1 interview? how do you think of the school overall? what is the "hardest" question you got, if there is one..? any feedback is greatly appreciated! thanks.

- sallyc!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi SallyC,

I'm currently a first year at UConn! I love it here and I know the education I'm getting is excellent. The students and teachers are great. I really don't have any complaints at all.

The interview style is two faculty members to one student. My interview ran for about 15-20 mins. They weren't too tough on me at all, but some of my classmates state that the were given a bit of a "rough time" with questions being fired at them left and right. A couple of students said that, at times, they felt slightly defensive. The important thing to know is that they are just testing to see how you respond to the situation.

Good luck to you. When will you be at UConn? Is UConn your top choice, if you don't mind my asking?

Hey SallyC!
It was good to meet you at UPENN last time! I scheduled my UCONN interview for 11/22, when is yours?

Members don't see this ad :)
hi MsPurtell,

thanks for you response! i tend to get really nervous about interviews. at least, knowing the format helps a bit. my interview is scheduled on nov 11th, since they only do interviews on fri and mon. i think we'll be driving to UConn from boston. i hope it's an easy ride (wo traffics). thanks again.

hi ohgee,
yeah, it was good seeing you at UPenn too! hope your BU region interview went well. i guess i wont be seeing you at UConn for interview tho...good luck!

- sallyc!

Hi Sallycinnamon,

I have an interview at UCONN too, but the friday not monday.
Just wondering, is UCONN considered a difficult school to get into? I heard that they only interview ~150 students out of the ~1000 applicants that apply and only accept ~100. Is this correct and what is the school reputation compared to other dental schools?

Thanks.

AE

I had my interview on oct 28th. Actually they interview 150/1000, 40 are accepted into the class and the alternate list extends that number from 75 to about 100. Once you have an interview its about a 1 in 4 chance to get in. Good luck! see you at Uconn or Maybe lol.