uconn post bacc program A

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrFeelgoodMD

below is a TRUE avatar...
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you could help me to know what that program looks for in an applicant...I know it is selective so if someone who has a good insight into what they like to see, I would be very grateful.

Thanks again,

J :)

Members don't see this ad.

im sure you could find another uconn postbac thread around the forums if you did a search. It would be a better resource then me. But i believe it probably looks for candidates who have strong crednetials, meaning decent GPA, MCAT (im not even sure if this is required- needless to say I didn't apply so I dont know much about this), etc. etc. their website probably will give you some idea

UVMTrifecta said:
Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you could help me to know what that program looks for in an applicant...I know it is selective so if someone who has a good insight into what they like to see, I would be very grateful.

Thanks again,

J :)

I was recently accepted into UConn A, so here are my stats. I hope this helps!

Undergrad GPA: 3.67 (most competitive liberal arts school, transferred there from an ivy league university, non-science major)
Science GPA: 3.78
SAT (just because they ask on most apps): >1450
3 post-grad certificates in different kinds of alternative medicine
one year of postbac classes done a la carte at local college (general chem/bio)
one year volunteer experience at hospital
some volunteer research experience
no MCAT
Connecticut resident (well, 1 month away from being official)

Got into these post-bac programs:
UConn
Yale
Hunter/CUNY
Columbia
Manhattanville

Denied from:
NYU

A former UConn post-baccer said that they like an eclectic group. I think maybe all my alternative medicine stuff helped--my interviewer said he had never interviewed anyone with my background. So, don't be afraid to let your unique side shine during those brutal 3 single-spaced pages of supplementary essays!

Members don't see this ad :)
so im guessing they give preference to CT residents over out of state? (which is what I am....i live in MA)

UVMTrifecta said:
so im guessing they give preference to CT residents over out of state? (which is what I am....i live in MA)

Not sure--I can tell you in a month or so when I meet the other folks in the program. Nothing was said about preferring CT residents during the interview process.

UConn is a public school therefore in state residents are given preference.