dreamsicle

10+ Year Member
May 31, 2006
Status
Pre-Optometry
Is the Uconn post bacc even more selective than Bryn Mawr? Should an out of state student even consider applying there? And finally, the website says that the post bacc is a 2 year program, but if one were to begin in the spring semester, could they complete the program in a spring + summer + fall + spring sequence? thanks a lot!

lawnboy313

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2006
Gamehendge
Status
dreamsicle said:
Is the Uconn post bacc even more selective than Bryn Mawr? Should an out of state student even consider applying there? And finally, the website says that the post bacc is a 2 year program, but if one were to begin in the spring semester, could they complete the program in a spring + summer + fall + spring sequence? thanks a lot!
UConn takes 12 out of 300 or so applicants, at least for those applying to begin in the fall. For Bryn Mawr to be this selective, they would need to have about 2000 applications per the 80 or so that attend...don't know if this is the amount of applications that they actually deal with. If you're really interested in attending UConn med school, definitely apply to the UConn program, because most of the UConn postbacs end up going to UConn med school. However, if you're unsure of where you want to go to med school, or really interested in one of the med schools linked up with Bryn Mawr, Bryn Mawr might be a better option for you. Either has a very high med school acceptance rate. The UConn program isn't necessarily a 2 year program--during my interview at UConn we worked out a tentative 1 year schedule, and I was accepted. I imagine you could complete the program in the way you mentioned if it's cool with Dean Sanford and the adcom. Good luck whatever you do!

RRT2MD

10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Will the UCONN PB program allow students to take courses at UCONN W.Htfd? Or do all coursed need to be completed in Storrs?

microgin

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2004
Status
Medical Student
RRT2MD said:
Will the UCONN PB program allow students to take courses at UCONN W.Htfd? Or do all coursed need to be completed in Storrs?
Pretty sure everything is done at Storrs.

DrFeelgoodMD

below is a TRUE avatar...
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2005
USA
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
could someone post the entry requirements into the uconn postbacc program? (specifically program A)

RRT2MD

10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
UVMTrifecta said:
could someone post the entry requirements into the uconn postbacc program? (specifically program A)

One can google UCONN. Go to school of medicine hyperlink. And from there I think it's under addmissions. (?)

But from the UCONN SOM site one can find the app stuff.

It's more about contacting Dean Keat Sanford, PhD at the SOM in Farmington directly. Not the campus in Storrs. It's Dean Sanford's "baby".