simpledoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2004
Status
Hello, I will be joining Uconn from this july and looking for a place to live in Farmington (the closer to campus, the better!) Can any of the Uconn students suggest me, how do I go about looking for a room-mate (like ,does the school have a specific website for this ..etc etc) ; also, if any of you know of someone loooking around for a roomate pls lemme know...also, how expensive is it to live around the campus? thanks in advance,,

MsPurtell

15+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2001
Visit site
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
They should be sending you this info soon. If you are concerned just call the main office. I don't think students have trouble finding housing or roomates. Most live in "the Forest" which is right across the street.

Margaret

simpledoc said:
Hello, I will be joining Uconn from this july and looking for a place to live in Farmington (the closer to campus, the better!) Can any of the Uconn students suggest me, how do I go about looking for a room-mate (like ,does the school have a specific website for this ..etc etc) ; also, if any of you know of someone loooking around for a roomate pls lemme know...also, how expensive is it to live around the campus? thanks in advance,,

rsawpo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2003
NY
vu.union.edu
Status
i am a 1st year now, living in Pebblebrook apartments 6-7mins away from school. (i just posted in pre-dental forum about this). I found my roommate on roommateaccess.com, also looked on roommates.com. The office sends information about other 1st year incoming students, who are looking for roommates, but that is done in May. If you want to live with 2nd year student, you will have to ask around, or people advertise themselves on boards in the school (dont know how helpful it is, but i looked at it, because it gave me few phone #s of people, as well as houses nearby. The "Forest Condominiums" is where many 1st year live - it's right across the street. People live in many different places, but this one is the closest, if this is what you looking for. Many 3rd and 4th years live in West Hartford (as well as 1st and 2nd years, but not as extensively).
Internet was my best source of info, i was able to narrow down the appartments i wanted to look at, by looking at www.apartments.com, and www.rent.com. Also, as far the traffic concerned, you want to be driving away from west hartford when going to school, or at least not on a major long road towards it, cause morning and evening peak hours are bad in some places. For example, Rt4 toward West Hartford sucks during the evening peak hours, as i experienced several times driving to one of my friends who lives that way.

Hope this helps.