Uconn vs URI questions for current students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cleanshirt

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was accepted as a transfer to both URI and UConn into the professional years.

Any information from current students on how difficult it is to obtain residency after year 1? I know this was possible in New York at SUNY-Buffalo, but not sure about Conn or RI. I am emancipated and was born in Ct, although the UConn site doesn't really indicate that this helps.

Also, anybody that currently goes there know how many students aren't able to make it through the four years there? Do any students drop out?