UCONN vs. VCU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

golagha

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have been accepted to both UCONN and VCU and now have hard time decide between the two. I am VA resident, but I would like to specialize for sure. I loved the facts about UCONN. Do you think going to UCONN would increse my chance for specializing??
THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.

Members don't see this ad.

i dont think school plays that much of a role in specializing. i am just a predent, but from what i understand, its all about what u do with your 4 years in school, not where u are. is vcu cheaper for u? if so then go there

KxM99 said:
i dont think school plays that much of a role in specializing. i am just a predent, but from what i understand, its all about what u do with your 4 years in school, not where u are. is vcu cheaper for u? if so then go there

Yes , that is true, but Uconn is constantly ranking first or sceond in both parts of the boards and 80% of the students in each class go for secializing. In my VCU interview they never told me about their ranking in National Boards, but they always have some of their students to secialize. So know what do you think???

Members don't see this ad :)
At UConn only 40% specialize, and you have to remember that the class size is only approx. 40 or so, thus 40% is really only 16 people. The 80% number you are referring includes another 40% of students who do a GPR/AEGD which is not really specializing. Be careful when looking at the numbers and make sure you're comparing apples to apples if you know what I mean.

ems5184 said:
At UConn only 40% specialize, and you have to remember that the class size is only approx. 40 or so, thus 40% is really only 16 people. The 80% number you are referring includes another 40% of students who do a GPR/AEGD which is not really specializing. Be careful when looking at the numbers and make sure you're comparing apples to apples if you know what I mean.
Do you think i should compare the bord average of both schools together, or it is only dependes on u ?

i personally think all the attention to schools and their specialization rate is overblown. if u want to specialize, work your ass off wherever u go, kick ass on the boards, and do all the extracurriculars or whatever else u need

thanks so much for your opinion