Dec 8, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
I am currently waitlisted at UConn and by looking at PreDents it seems that they carry an extensive list of alternates. With that said, it also seems that many of those accepted have also been accepted to other excellent schools that also happen to be their in-state institutions (assuming/hoping they will opt out of UConn).

I haven't read of anyone getting off the waitlist at UConn in the past and was wondering if any of you think UConn may have to dip into their pool of alternates more this year than in previous ones.

I saw someone mentioned a waitlist at UConn as a 95% rejection, which would be a bummer since its my top choice.

Thoughts?

polkadds

5+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2009
Status
Dental Student
I'm also waitlisted at UCONN, and it is my top choice. I'd really love to get off the waitlist but I think in reality the chances are pretty slim.

reasons:

1. Last year they didn't dip into their waitlist AT ALL

2. people with multiple acceptances (even to their state school) are likely to choose UCONN because of instate tuition

3. Dr. T mentioned in my interview that they very rarely send out more acceptances after DEC. 1, because they have such a large number of people accepting offers.

I hope everyone chooses other schools, and we both get off the waitlist, but I'm not holding my breath.
Good luck

rickblas

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 29, 2008
NYC
Status
Dental Student
I'm also waitlisted at UCONN, and it is my top choice. I'd really love to get off the waitlist but I think in reality the chances are pretty slim.

reasons:

1. Last year they didn't dip into their waitlist AT ALL

2. people with multiple acceptances (even to their state school) are likely to choose UCONN because of instate tuition

3. Dr. T mentioned in my interview that they very rarely send out more acceptances after DEC. 1, because they have such a large number of people accepting offers.

I hope everyone chooses other schools, and we both get off the waitlist, but I'm not holding my breath.
Good luck
Ditto on all accounts. Also, I emailed Dr. T just for more info and the above was basically reiterated and he suggested to accept any other offers to secure a seat in a dental school because the earliest us waitlisted people may hear back would be mid-January.

OP
F
Dec 8, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Epically sad... Well thanks for the replies and good luck with deciding between acceptances or any other interviews you may have.

Keep us posted if anyone hears anything mid-january though!