UConn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wimby

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has any one heard from UConn?

Members don't see this ad.

nope... im too afraid to call and ask when they're gonna let us know... eek!

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope. I was hoping they wouldn't take till the 2nd to update AADSAS as the "notification" thread shows, but it looks like it so far.

Hi All,

Don't panic. I called in this morning and I was told that they will not post anything up until ~ December 4th. A few more days.... hang in there.

why so late?
for anyone that interviewed in october as in-state resident and affliated with uconn predental society for 4 years, do they have good chance of getting into uconn?

i heard uconn is harvard's rival...they have that great of a reputation? anyone confirm validation?

why so late?
for anyone that interviewed in october as in-state resident and affliated with uconn predental society for 4 years, do they have good chance of getting into uconn?

i heard uconn is harvard's rival...they have that great of a reputation? anyone confirm validation?

They do have very similar programs.
And They are one of the top 3 dental schools in the united states..

They do have very similar programs.
And They are one of the top 3 dental schools in the united states..

Really? thats awesomeez....so harvard, uconn..whats the third? do you know what the top 5 are?

Really? thats awesomeez....so harvard, uconn..whats the third? do you know what the top 5 are?
sorry i do not know the rest of the list... maybe someone else in sdn does.

Hi All,

Don't panic. I called in this morning and I was told that they will not post anything up until ~ December 4th. A few more days.... hang in there.

Man, December 4th?!

Did they mention anything about sending the snail-mail prior to AADSAS updatin?

Oh well, appreciate your effort!

will they update aadsas thursday night 12am?

I called earlier, and Tricia just said that they should send out the first wave of acceptances by Friday. Guess that means we'll all be glued to our computers for another few days.. haha

Members don't see this ad :)
I called earlier, and Tricia just said that they should send out the first wave of acceptances by Friday. Guess that means we'll all be glued to our computers for another few days.. haha

Dang, which means they will arrive NEXT WEEK! LOL. That's like 10 more days of December 1st's!! :laugh:

wow i can't believe this.
anyone know whats the percentage of in staters that get accepted with pre december interviews?

wow i can't believe this.
Anyone know whats the percentage of in staters that get accepted with pre december interviews?

Almost close to 100%.

ADEA book and DocToothache excel files from past few years.

In-State stat 2008 cycle
Applied Interviewed Accepted Ratio
Conn 77 35 35 1.0

i love you sajjy! thanks for stat
what about out of state stats? i heard this year they interview a lot of out of state students
there are really only 77 CT residents that applied last year? out of 1500 applicants....crazy

Last edited:
i love you sajjy! thanks for stat
what about out of state stats? i heard this year they interview a lot of out of state students

I keep telling you to relax...LOL

For out-state:

.Conn 1480 148 39 3.8.

insane! u are the bomb sajjy
guess uconn is really attractive program to people considering its in middle of nowhere....maybe its due to their med curriculum you think?

guess they don't update at midnight...

UConn must love making their applicants wait... at the interviews, they said that each week the admissions committee meets to decide if they will accept or reject the previous week's applicants. Why can't they just tell us on Dec 1 like everyone else? Why make us wait the extra couple days if they've already made the decision?

It's like the actual interview, where they make you sit around for 2 hours staring at the ceiling while they interview everyone else. All I can say is that throughout the application process, UConn has not made a good impression.

UConn must love making their applicants wait... at the interviews, they said that each week the admissions committee meets to decide if they will accept or reject the previous week's applicants. Why can't they just tell us on Dec 1 like everyone else? Why make us wait the extra couple days if they've already made the decision?

It's like the actual interview, where they make you sit around for 2 hours staring at the ceiling while they interview everyone else. All I can say is that throughout the application process, UConn has not made a good impression.

do they really? so in essence they are comparing u to all the other candidates from that week?

I don't know if they compare us to the other applicants from that week, or if they compare us to some objective standard. All I know is they said they would make the decision the week after our interview. I have a friend who interviewed on a different day, and they told that person the same thing.

Apparently UConn has updated AADSAS for the first wave of acceptances.

got the aadsas update to Offer Made!! Im IN!!

If I didn't get the update, does that mean I am rejected?

I just checked - Offer made!!!!

Did any C.T residents interviewed receive any updates today or
Did anyone call to check if they are through updating for everyone?
Any other instate/uconn people anxious to hear from UCONN? Hehe.

I know Nicz888 got in yesterday(grats:thumbup:) and he's from CT, but I want to direct this to the rest of us CT/UCONN undergrads.

Im from CT too, and have still heard nothing. Has anyone tried calling? Or does anyone know if there will be more aadsas updates?

Im from CT too, and have still heard nothing. Has anyone tried calling? Or does anyone know if there will be more aadsas updates?

Nope, I even went to UConn for undergrad and interviewed relatively early (9/12), too.

Haven't called too see either cause I'm feeling wimpy.

But I think calling will be the quickest way of getting an answer on there being pending updates. :D

uconn really didn't send out acceptances to CT residents that went to their undergrad and who have interviewed? weird...maybe the out of state applicants are even more steller than last years

uconn really didn't send out acceptances to CT residents that went to their undergrad and who have interviewed? weird.

Yeah, that's exactly what I would love to know. Because if its not true, well, there's proof that I suck.

have any out of staters gotten acceptances yet?