Ucsd 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congratulations to the people who got their letters...so its is UCSD for you guys too??

Members don't see this ad.

Cool, we now have a whole 9 people in our roll call list (on the sticky)!!

I received my acceptance letter on the mail yesterday. It was dated on March 14th =). This is actually a big surprise to me because I thought I failed my interviews due to mean interviewers.

Members don't see this ad :)
congratulations to the people who got their letters...so its is UCSD for you guys too??

I will most likely be going to UCSD because I did undergrad here and ive really grown to love living in SD. On the other hand, im still waiting to hear back from UCSF, so we'll see what happens. It might be nice to try out something new (living in the city).

i got put on the alternate list for UCSD (darn interviewer lol). it's not my first choice but anyone knows chances of it?

thanks

OMG!!! I Get Accepted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I cant believe it. I got put on hold for UOP and USC. I am super happy.

i got put on the alternate list for UCSD (darn interviewer lol). it's not my first choice but anyone knows chances of it?

thanks

I got my letter saying I'm placed on wait list as well. :thumbup:

Haha... probably not your interviewers' fault.
There are only 60 something spaces.

Even if you perform well, it's still super hard to get in.
Or I would think. :luck:

I got my letter saying I'm placed on wait list as well. :thumbup:

Haha... probably not your interviewers' fault.
There are only 60 something spaces.

Even if you perform well, it's still super hard to get in.
Or I would think. :luck:

i really think it was my interviewer. she kept saying can you handle the curriculum and all that and the way she stared at my hand gestures IMMEDIATELY when we started talking. i think my stats alone got me the waitlist. oh well.

delete

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
That doesn't help much at all :(

I can say, USC, it's better.
And then all a sudden, they will be equally good.

i would personally choose USC -> hot chicks. SD, well, doesn't have much to offer in that department :laugh:

delete

Last edited:
I was trying to be clever, i'm not going to bag on SD in a "kids going to SD" forum...haha but here are my reasons for chosing SD>SC
-Its 15K cheaper
-I've lived in OC my whole life, time to get out
-SD is a UC school, more respect. USC pharmacy isnt famous because of pharmacy its famous because of USC athletics
-Everyone goign to professional school is a nerd, personally, my looks arent what got me here, i'll admit it, so i cant be one to judge. Either way i'm not going to put down the 54 ladies i'm going to be going to school with next year ...except jindopowa who dissed herself...haha nice one
-La jolla is beautiful
-Its a new school, they actually listen to student's feedback based on what students have told me
-SC waitlisted me first round, those bastards, and SD accepted me w/ open arms so its a pride issue too lol
-finally, theres less smog in SD, the campus is modern, and the ocean water isnt so filthy you cant see your own reflection in it.
-SC is a great school, i'm sure, but for ME SD is better.

-SC waitlisted me first round, those bastards, and SD accepted me w/ open arms so its a pride issue too lol
-finally, theres less smog in SD, the campus is modern, and the ocean water isnt so filthy you cant see your own reflection in it.

Nice. But who said there are no beautiful ladies in San Diego. You just have to know where to look because there are plenty of them. Obviously, you are not going to find them if you are in the library all day. ;)

-SD is a UC school, more respect. USC pharmacy isnt famous because of pharmacy its famous because of USC athletics

I would really think about what you said. USC as a whole school isn't known for pharmacy, but neither is UCSD. UNC has a fantastic pharmacy program, but everyone thinks of basketball when they think of the school. And why would a UC school get more respect? And to add, USC's school of pharmacy is well-known especialy in southern california. Both schools have their ups and downs, it just depends on what you're looking for.

Nice. But who said there are no beautiful ladies in San Diego. You just have to know where to look because there are plenty of them. Obviously, you are not going to find them if you are in the library all day. ;)

Omg...what are you guys talking about? SD girls are hot, dude. Those white girls are the real deal with nice curves and fully developed. I didn't go UCSD but i did join my cousin's graduation a while ago and boy....gotta admit that they have the finest girls, especially these light skin Asian chicks/Americanized.

USC has pretty girls, too...but for some reasons, I think USC girls are cooler...at least in such a way that they all party hard and study hard, pretty darn smart. Can't judge SD yet 'cuz i only have 2 girls from SD and they both are nerds.

I would really think about what you said. USC as a whole school isn't known for pharmacy, but neither is UCSD. UNC has a fantastic pharmacy program, but everyone thinks of basketball when they think of the school. And why would a UC school get more respect? And to add, USC's school of pharmacy is well-known especialy in southern california. Both schools have their ups and downs, it just depends on what you're looking for.

Yeah, prob is USC is ONLY known in so cali. I'm not saying USC is a bad school, 60% of cali RETAIL pharms are SC grads. As far as respect, i think because UCSD is a UC school, it has a reputation to live up to and because of this they will have to prove themselves worthy of being a sister school to UCSF.

As far as SD not having good looking ladies, it was doublehh03 who said that, i was attempting to express my lack of insight into the subject...and rx4life2004...wow that was a description if I've ever seen one "light skinned americanized asian chicks..." hahhaha

I GOT IN!!!!

Acceptance Letter dated March 20th!!!

I was scared that I wasn't even going to go to pharmacy school this year because I got rejected from UCSF, U of P and placed on hold for USC and Western. UCSD was my last chance and my GPA was so hideous low.

I GOT IN!!!!

Acceptance Letter dated March 20th!!!

I was scared that I wasn't even going to go to pharmacy school this year because I got rejected from UCSF, U of P and placed on hold for USC and Western. UCSD was my last chance and my GPA was so hideous low.

"So hideous(ly) low"

How low can it go? Seriously, I want to know how low you can go?

Congrats:luck: :smuggrin: :eek:

As far as SD not having good looking ladies, it was doublehh03 who said that, i was attempting to express my lack of insight into the subject...

I never talked at all about your comment on girls. I'm not a guy nor am I from San Diego, so I don't have any insight on that topic :p

I agree with you though that UCSD will be up to par to UCSF in the future. I wouldn't say that that gives UCSD more respect though because that has yet to be fully earned. I think respect is something you receive because it's earned and not because of association.

As far as those picking UCSD vs USC, I think you should focus on what is important to you. If student involvement is important, look at the ways each program promotes that. If it's curriculum, see which one is better fit to how you learn best. USC is also on a semester system while UCSD is quarter, so which do you prefer? Do you work best in a small group of students or large group? Like others say, find the best program for you and what you want. Congrats everyone :)

I never talked at all about your comment on girls. I'm not a guy nor am I from San Diego, so I don't have any insight on that topic :p

I agree with you though that UCSD will be up to par to UCSF in the future. I wouldn't say that that gives UCSD more respect though because that has yet to be fully earned. I think respect is something you receive because it's earned and not because of association.

As far as those picking UCSD vs USC, I think you should focus on what is important to you. If student involvement is important, look at the ways each program promotes that. If it's curriculum, see which one is better fit to how you learn best. USC is also on a semester system while UCSD is quarter, so which do you prefer? Do you work best in a small group of students or large group? Like others say, find the best program for you and what you want. Congrats everyone :)

UCSD pharm is a good school. but damn, i go to UCSD and those people don't have fun. i mean, u can study and have fun right? but from the interview, it looked like they study all day.

i need an environment where u can study but also party hard. after spending undergrad at UCSD, well, :laugh: .

UCSD is respecte though. but cmon, USC is much more respecte right now as a pharmacy school. USC is like top 10. it was the first program to give out a pharm D. and UCSF only compares itself w/ USC right now.

UCSD will be gret in the future, but like in 10-15 more yrs.

Ok, now i get to be a little biznatch and say NOOOOO USC isnt in the top 10. US News and World rept ranked them #14 in 2K6.

Finally, i'm going to stop posting on this 'which is better' subject because its pointless. People sitting on the fence should use their spring break to revisit the pros and cons, and if possible, go see the school and area again.

When interviewing we were all trying to sell ourselves, and now that YOU have the choice, see which area/price/etc appeals to you most.

Senzabee is right, be a jr. pharmacist, if the benefits outweigh the side-effects, take the pill...or select the school in this case. :)

Ok, now i get to be a little biznatch and say NOOOOO USC isnt in the top 10. US News and World rept ranked them #14 in 2K6.

Finally, i'm going to stop posting on this 'which is better' subject because its pointless. People sitting on the fence should use their spring break to revisit the pros and cons, and if possible, go see the school and area again.

When interviewing we were all trying to sell ourselves, and now that YOU have the choice, see which area/price/etc appeals to you most.

Senzabee is right, be a jr. pharmacist, if the benefits outweigh the side-effects, take the pill...or select the school in this case. :)

well it was u that brought up the programs. we were talking about girls and the lifestyle. why are you all riled up? :laugh:

and btw, i haven't been accepted to USC. i've been to both interviews and that's the impression i get. both are great schools and USC has a better rep than u may think. like i said, UCSF students compared themselves most to USC's students (test scores...). so USC does have a high reputation.

in 10 yrs, UCSD will rival UCSF i believe also.

well it was u that brought up the programs. we were talking about girls and the lifestyle. why are you all riled up? :laugh:

and btw, i haven't been accepted to USC. i've been to both interviews and that's the impression i get. both are great schools and USC has a better rep than u may think. like i said, UCSF students compared themselves most to USC's students (test scores...). so USC does have a high reputation.

in 10 yrs, UCSD will rival UCSF i believe also.

Kids....stop arguing....OKie...The coolest pharmacy school won't be UCSD or USC, but it's USN.:laugh: j.k....

Ok, lets revert back to roll call now:cool:

hi guys and girls,

i'm new to this forum :oops: . i was accepted on 2/20 and cannot wait to meet all of you guys in just a few months!

So has anyone begun looking for housing in SD? Anyone looking for roomates? I have slowly started looking but am overwhelmed...

Housing is craaaazy expensive !!!
I'm hoping for that one miramar apts to take me, but if not then going to try for a 2 bedroom/2bath +loft, those seem to be the best value wise if you split it among 3 roommates (total is around 2000). Going for a 1br or studio is atleast 1100ish (i'm talking lajolla only though) so unless living by yourself is a big issue sharing is prob. best. But lets see, most apt. complexes wont book places till about 3mo. in advance so i'm going to start actively looking at the end of may (after graduation) for now just feeling around and reading reviews and talking to ppl from around there
Any current SDers have suggestions for places to stay away from/and why?

i go to UCSD right now. generally speaking, living off campus with roommates is cheaper than living in UCSD Housing. La Jolla pretty much consists of just apartment complexes so you have lots to choose from, but I've found La Regencia to be the cheapest. Its also on the UCSD Shuttle route so you won't have to worry about parking on campus or taking the public city bus. The Shuttle gets you to campus in about 20 min. Prices go up every year so I'm not sure what it will be next year, but probably around 1600 for a 2-bedroom. Good Luck!

So the deadline is tomorrow for the fence sitters!! So...who picked SD!??

I chose UCSF over UCSD. It was a hard decision, but I think it's best for me. I sent in my reply early this week so someone should be hearing about an acceptance soon. Good luck to everyone!

Congrats and gluck oasisdwlr!

bUmp
and is there no one new goign to SD!? We only have 7-8 people so far!

I think i'm the only one who cares...:smuggrin:
BumP for sunday.

i just got off the waiting list for ucsd but will be declining. hope another person on here can get my spot :thumbup:

For those who get accepted to UCSD, Have you guys recieved any paper work from them?

delete

Last edited:
I just got offered an apartment at the newly opened One miramar street apartment complex for UCSD grad/professional students only. I am in need of a roommate. If anyone is interested, send me a message. Here is the link to the housing complex.
http://hds.ucsd.edu/onemiramar/index.html

This is an awesome complex and a great price!

This is really funny.....but pharmacy is a really small world. Does anyone know this girl? ucsd pharmacy website, she's in the top row going from right to left #7...she's cute and i find myself attractive to her, a "crush" ..she came to my pharmacy the other day with her dad and i wasn't sure if she had a bf...probably shy to ask her name; class of 2010 :love: by the way, i am a tall and handsome looking guy :thumbup: :cool: :)

This is really funny.....but pharmacy is a really small world. Does anyone know this girl? ucsd pharmacy website, she's in the top row going from right to left #7...she's cute and i find myself attractive to her, a "crush" ..she came to my pharmacy the other day with her dad and i wasn't sure if she had a bf...probably shy to ask her name; class of 2010 :love: by the way, i am a tall and handsome looking guy :thumbup: :cool: :)

NewUcsd, it like you're in looovee....hehe... it'd be really funny if she was on SDN....

I know her name, not much about her social life however. Then again, I don't know much about the social life of my own class.

Jeez
Well, out of the 10% male population i guess at least a few had to be stalker types!! lol