UCSD Acceptance!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TrailMixedd

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I was recently accepted into UCSD and was sent information on a summer course on CORE TOPICS IN BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES. As described online, it is meant to offer a 7-week course so participants have a head start in mastering some of the more challenging topics presented in the first-year SOM curriculum. CTBS is not a review of topics presented in undergraduate science courses; instead, CTBS focuses on topics that are included in the first-year SOM curriculum and models the pace and intensity of the SOM curriculum.

The pace and intensity of CTBS also provide an opportunity for students to determine if their study strategies are optimal for success in medical school courses, and provides exposure to the application style questions often used within the SOM curriculum. The current CTBS curriculum emphasizes cardiovascular and autonomic system physiology anatomy, physiology and pharmacology, immunology, and molecular cell biology as described in more detail in the curriculum outline.

Taking the course would excel my timeline into moving as I feel not ready yet. But I am academically challenged and have been away from school for a while. Would you guys take the course?

Members don't see this ad.

if you feel you're academically challenged and/or are worried about being ready for med school, I would take the course. Esp if its free (idk if it, but I know some other schools who do this provide them for free)