UCSD Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So Chessknt87, are you doing off campus or trying to get One Miramar?

They told me that I have a really good chance of getting in there, but wont make an offer until 20 days prior to my move-in date on the housing app (I opted to move in late Aug). By then they will know who is vacating within the time period, so your housing offers will be dispersed to you no earlier than 30 days prior.

Also I think they also said that if you decline their offer, then you go to the bottom of the WL, so be careful about turning that down.

And yea, definitely going for on-campus, the prices are unbeatable unless you want to share a room.

Members don't see this ad.

Well...it is looking like I am officially going to join you guys.

I just finally finally finally decided...yes Berk it looks I am going to be your classmate

unless.....:D

Hi,

does anyone know if the one miramar apartments are furnished or do we need to purchase beds, tables, couches?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

does anyone know if the one miramar apartments are furnished or do we need to purchase beds, tables, couches?

thanks!

one miramar does not come furnished-- and also keep in mind the living space is pretty small.

single grad, on the other hand, is furnished with dorm-style furniture.

also, if anyone wants to buy a twin bed w/drawers underneath-- i'm selling one. :)

Hey, does anyone know where I can check for postings from year 2+ students who are looking for roommates in Mesa, Coast, or One Miramar? I'm trying to put together some housing by 8/1...

is no one else looking for housing/roommates? the housing forum just went up, but there aren't many posts at all. are a lot of people doing on campus housing or have already found roommates? i hope not...post on the ucsd housing forum!!!!!!! please! :D

Looking to rent out one room in a 2 bd 1 bath apartment at 1 miramar on the 4th floor. Rent is $644/month+split electric and internet bill, all other utilities free. This opportunity is ideal for people who didnt get on the waitlist soon enough and want a guaranteed place to live in advance. Please PM me if interested!

Move in is on 8/29 and can last up to two years (MUST be elligible for grad student housing). I am a male but dont have gender preference on other person.

About me: I am going to be a med student, cook frequently, and generally keep to myself, although I dont mind chilling out from time to time. I usually like to keep a rotating chores list to keep things clean (like vacuum/clean kitchen once a month per person or something flexible like that). I dont smoke/do drugs etc. and need to have a quiet, courteous roommate who feels the same way. If you have any questions feel free to PM me, I will respond quickly because I am currently a bum!