UCSD Fall 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you Krystal!!!!

Yes, u can go back to edit even u submitted your application provided it's not later than nov 3. Can s.o. help me with the limited space in the application ?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you guys think that 6,440 characters is too long of a Statement of Purpose? This is with 2 spaces after each sentence. :p

Does anyone know if the supplemental fee have to be received or postmarked by the 3rd? Almost done! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they want the fee postmark by Nov.3, but I might be wrong. I sent mine last week already

On their website: "The signature page and the payment of the supplemental application fee must be sent directly to the school and be postmarked by November 1, 2008." (http://pharmacy.ucsd.edu/prospective/admissions-process.shtml)

Yet on the signature page, "...these items must be received by November 1, 2008 for your application to be complete." ???? Let's hope the school will honor the postmark deadline like it honored the Nov 3 deadline posted on PharmCAs...we shall see... =) Good luck y'all.

I wouldn't sweat too much. The link is supposed to close on the day the deadline has been met. The fact that you can still access it indicates the deadline has not been met. At least, I would say that is a safer bet than giving up altogether. The UC's are pretty collaborative (UCSF and UCSD). I believe it is post-marked not arrival of the material.

On their website: "The signature page and the payment of the supplemental application fee must be sent directly to the school and be postmarked by November 1, 2008." (http://pharmacy.ucsd.edu/prospective/admissions-process.shtml)

Yet on the signature page, "...these items must be received by November 1, 2008 for your application to be complete." ???? Let's hope the school will honor the postmark deadline like it honored the Nov 3 deadline posted on PharmCAs...we shall see... =) Good luck y'all.

That is what I was confused about! They say one thing here and another thing somewhere else. MASS CONFUSION! Anyways, I'm just going to turn in what I have. Good luck everyone! Don't procrastinate!

ADMISSIONS DEADLINE UPDATE

UCSD will honor the 11/3/2008 application deadline posted on PharmCAS [updated 10/28/2008]. Please submit your PharmCAS application by 11:59 p.m. EST. The UCSD Supplemental application deadline is 11/3/2008 11:59p.m. PST.

On their main UCSD Pharmacy page.

anyone notice that when you submit your supplemental, it displays your Social security number as the same as your PhamCAS id?

anyone notice that when you submit your supplemental, it displays your Social security number as the same as your PhamCAS id?

Yeah, it's supposed to be like that I called UCSD and that said don't worry about it. They just need our PharmCAS ID.

I called admissions Friday morning, and the lady said the supplemental fee must be postmarked by Monday, the 3rd.

So is it too late to submit the UCSD supplemental tomorrow (Nov 3)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope, as long as it is postmarked with tomorrow's date you'll be fine! Good luck. :)

So is it too late to submit the UCSD supplemental tomorrow (Nov 3)?

No, just submit the supplemental application online by 11:59pm tomorrow and postmark the supplemental signature page and $60 fee by 11/3.

How did you guys deal with the indents and paragraph format for the long essay? when you submit it, it just looks like a big chunk of text.

How did you guys deal with the indents and paragraph format for the long essay? when you submit it, it just looks like a big chunk of text.

It says on there "The preview of your essay will not be formatted" so no need to worry!!!

Do you guys know how long it takes for UCSD process the applications? what is their first interview's day?

Does anybody know if you receive a confirmation of your application for ucsd? I mailed my check with the form on oct.30th and designated ucsd on my pharmcas on oct.30th as well. I filled out the online supplemental and submitted it as well.
However I haven't heard anything from UCSD. Should I contact the school to ask about my status??

In case this helps: I designated UCSD on PharmCAS on 9/29. Then I sent them my check on 10/30 and submitted the online supp on 11/3. I received a confirmation email for the check on 11/3 and another email confirmation for the online supp pretty much instantaneously after submitting the form.

I think the reason why you haven't gotten an email from them about the receipt of the check is that UCSD hasn't received your PharmCAS yet (since you submitted it 10/30, it may take awhile to get there), which means they don't have your email address on file. Instead of waiting anxiously for that confirmation email, you may want to give 'em a call. Also, as for the online supp, I'm not sure why you didn't get an automatic reply?? If I remember correctly the online form had a place to input your email address? Anyhow, good luck!

does anybody know when ucsd starts interviews?

no, i wish i did know! I'm getting so anxious to hear from them!!!!

Last year, I got an interview invite mid-December, and my interview was either late January or early February.

Thanks for your info Koercive. I hope i will get an interview.... do you mind to share your stat?

Do you guys have any indication that UCSD has received your pharmCAS application. The only emails I got were for the supp app and the check and that was over a month ago.

Thanks.

PharmCAS page says UCSD conducts interviews in "January to early February" so I'm guessing people will start hearing from them sometime this month. Considering that they get thousands of applications for only 60 seats, I'm not getting my hopes up.

I hate waiting!! This is my first choice school!! I need to know!

Whens UCSD going to sent Interview Invitation Letter? UCSD is the excellent pharmacy school.

Well...I would think invites could start going out in the next week or so, if they begin them in January. This is an intriguing school to me...one I don't know much about, but it sounds great, and in an amazing location. I definitely wouldn't mind getting an interview and checking it out.

do they send interview invites via snail mail?

Invites are supposed to come out this week or the next, correct? I am out of town for the holidays, so I'm relying on these forums to see if they've been sent out yet. The wait is killing me!:scared:

Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday break!

Yep, snail mail.

Last year I got my invite around this time, maybe a bit earlier.

I am 7000 miles away from my mailbox, so I'd appreciate it if you guys posted when you received your letters :xf: :)

I'm anxiously awaiting some good news. My app for UOP was put on hold earlier this month, and I just recently received a rejection letter from UCSF. This is my last hope, so I'm praying. If not... looks like I take a year off and build up my Pharmacy experience :(

OMG!!! Just got interview letter in the mail for 2/6/09!!! YES!!!

Congrats Lychee. I just check my mail box and nothing's there. :(. Btw, no news's better than bad news.

Hmm...maybe relying on these forums for the status of interview invites isn't such a good thing after all. I want to check my mail box so bad right now, but I can't because I'm 1400 miles away. :(

Does anybody know if UCSD sends out denial letters this early like UCSF does?

Yay, I got an interview for 1/17 via snail mail today :) I'm so excited!

I live in SD- letter is dated 12/22.
Stats are 3.63/3.52- hoping my passion and experience will get me in :)
Also- does an earlier interview date give any advantage? Do they accept on a rolling basis after interview or evaulate all interviewing applicants at the end of all of the interviews? Please let me know! Good luck everyone!

Also- does an earlier interview date give any advantage? Do they accept on a rolling basis after interview or evaulate all interviewing applicants at the end of all of the interviews? Please let me know! Good luck everyone!
:luck:

I have no mails today.

I'm denied from UCSF. Hope that some good news will come from UCSD.

Just got in the mail today, I have an interview scheduled for 1/16 :) Just the bit of good news I needed after my top choice school, UCSF, rejected me. The letterhead is dated 12/22, the letter postmarked 12/23, and I received it today, 12/24. I'm in San Diego (actually in La Jolla, right next to campus, as I'm a UCSD undergraduate, haha).

Good luck to everyone else and happy holidays :)

So may be NoCal people will receive it 12/26 or so. No mail service tomorrow, right?

I got the letter 12/24 and it was dated 12/22...I know that they only offer interviews Jan/Feb. I have a 3.75 overall and a 3.69 science GPA. I also volunteer at an inpatient pharmacy every week for 4 hours.

I am pretty sure it isn't acceptance on a rolling basis because if you go on PharmCAS and it's website, it says it isn't on a rolling basis. Also, it wouldn't make sense if it was a rolling basis if we weren't allow to select interview dates. So overall, I think they just evaluate every afterwards. Good Luck and Happy Holidays!!