UCSD interview invite letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PixieAngel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone receive an interview invite letter from UCSD (University of California-San Diego)?

Thanks in advance! :)

Members don't see this ad.

PixieAngel said:
Did anyone receive an interview invite letter from UCSD (University of California-San Diego)?

Thanks in advance! :)

i got one. it was dated december 21st. dont know if im going to go tho

what's the date of the interview?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got mine today. I am invited on Jan. 21, but the letter does not say what time I have to arrive by.

I got an inivte for February 6! :)
Good Luck to everyone!!

for those of you who got ur invites...how long do they give you to respond to the invitation? I need to know if I need to drive back to my apartment anytime soon. Thanks

care324 said:
for those of you who got ur invites...how long do they give you to respond to the invitation? I need to know if I need to drive back to my apartment anytime soon. Thanks

I think mine said the begining of January.

What time is your interviews? Mine said to arrive by 8 AM.

i recieved an invitation for january 23 at 8am. for those of you wondering, it says to return the enclosed form by friday, january 13.

if anyone is thinking about staying at the residency inn by marriott because its "within walking distance" keep in mind its about a 15- 20 minute uphill walk to the pharmacy school. i take this walk everyday as i live right by the hotel.

did anyone who got an interview at UCSD not yet get one from UCSF?

chusifer said:
i recieved an invitation for january 23 at 8am. for those of you wondering, it says to return the enclosed form by friday, january 13.

Yours is on the 23rd? So that means a Monday? I'm in a dilemma because my USC interview is on the 21st, the same day as UCSD. :scared:

chusifer said:

if anyone is thinking about staying at the residency inn by marriott because its "within walking distance" keep in mind its about a 15- 20 minute uphill walk to the pharmacy school. i take this walk everyday as i live right by the hotel.

Yea I got an interview for UCSD and nothing from UCSF...kinda strange.

FunnyPHARM said:
Yea I got an interview for UCSD and nothing from UCSF...kinda strange.

I just got home from being away and my interview is on Feb 6th. I haven't gotten anything from UCSF either. Those are the only two schools I have applied to thus far (all others are due in February and March).

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks blueclassring! I have a question for those who may know: Are interview dates assigned randomly, or are students on some sort of list?

when did you guys turn in your apps? if I turned in mine close to the deadline does that mean they'll give me a later interview date? should i be worried now that i haven't received any letters?

I'm not completely sure if ucsd's interview process is the same as ucsf....but I know for UCSF interview, days are chosen according to where you are from. When I went to my interview day and time it was mostly people from irvine and san diego....

They dont do a rolling admissions like USC(which tell you its not rolling but it really is...so a tip to those applying to USC next year...apply early!). UCSF doesnt begins reviewing applications until after Nov. 1st so dont worry if you turned it in later than someone else.

I have to reschedule my interview date, since UCSD is not a rolling admissions school would this necessarily be bad for me? I'm an out of state applicant so I guess out of state ppl got Jan 21st? I don't want to tell them I have another interview that day, but that is the only valid reason I have.

hey i got an invite for 1/21 at 8 am. and i just got one from ucsf today 12/28. goodluck to you all!!

hey i got an invite for 1/21 at 8 am. and i just got one from ucsf today 12/28. goodluck to you all!!

blizz said:
I have to reschedule my interview date, since UCSD is not a rolling admissions school would this necessarily be bad for me? I'm an out of state applicant so I guess out of state ppl got Jan 21st? I don't want to tell them I have another interview that day, but that is the only valid reason I have.

I believe UCSD just schedules it randomly for each person, they aren't grouped together. I'm interviewing on the 21st, and I'm from So Cal.

As for the interview date, it might be a bit tough to change it, as they supposedly require a "strong medical or family reason" to reschedule it. Maybe you can reschedule your other interview if they are more lenient with regards to rescheduling?

well i'm from berkeley as well but my interview date is 2/11... kinda strange but congrats to everyone whose gotten letters :)

my interview is 1/23 for ucsd. nothing yet for ucsf :(

Has anyone gotten a UCSD rejection? I've heard from UCSF, but no UCSD yet, and I'm wondering if that's a bad sign.

i got an invite from ucsd for 2/6 and one for ucsf on 2/10. two in one week, scary. yeah, i dont think sd bases it on location either. sf took forever to send out their letters so im sure a lot of the letters are still on their way. happy new years!

Both my invitations for UCSD and UCSF got lost in the mail! Can you believe this? I received an email from UCSD stating that a letter was sent to me on the 22nd. I replied to the email and gave them my mailing address. I also left a message in their answering machine. I hope that this will not be counted against my admission...since there's a deadline to reply to the invitation. This is killing me!

Good luck to everyone!

care324 said:
Both my invitations for UCSD and UCSF got lost in the mail! Can you believe this? I received an email from UCSD stating that a letter was sent to me on the 22nd. I replied to the email and gave them my mailing address. I also left a message in their answering machine. I hope that this will not be counted against my admission...since there's a deadline to reply to the invitation. This is killing me!

Good luck to everyone!

Nm... I will call AND email them today and see what happened to my letter. I hate this.

care324, the deadline to send in the ucsd confirmation is january 13th. good job staying on top of those letters! when are your interview dates?

So many lost letters... I guess those postal workers have been partying too hard over their many number of holiday breaks eh? I wonder if anyone has gotten rejection letters from UCSD yet...

just left school and saw all the signs w/ arrows and directions for tomorrow's interview all up and ready to go in our spankin' new pharmacy building!! Even met an interviewee. Good luck!

I need some input urgently. When I received my interview invitation letter, the person who processed it forgot to put my time on the letter. I sent UCSD an email, a staff told me that my time was scheduled to be at 12:00pm. But now to think about it, most people have their interview time at 800am. I wonder if that was another mistake.

Can anyone invited to UCSD interview tell me if they have an interview time at 1200pm also? I appreciate it.

coffee4drug said:
I need some input urgently. When I received my interview invitation letter, the person who processed it forgot to put my time on the letter. I sent UCSD an email, a staff told me that my time was scheduled to be at 12:00pm. But now to think about it, most people have their interview time at 800am. I wonder if that was another mistake.

Can anyone invited to UCSD interview tell me if they have an interview time at 1200pm also? I appreciate it.

I have an interview at 12pm 2/6. So sounds legit to me. :)

xturquoise said:
I have an interview at 12pm 2/6. So sounds legit to me. :)

Thanks! Hope we can spend the next 4 years together at SD.

coffee4drug said:

Yeah, 12pm is right, or at least I hope it is. That's when I'm scheduled for tomorrow... :)

Good luck to everyone else!

MrIntricate said:
Yeah, 12pm is right, or at least I hope it is. That's when I'm scheduled for tomorrow... :)

Good luck to everyone else!

How did everyone's interviews go? Was it harder than expected, were there any difficult interview questions (including essay)?

blizz said:
How did everyone's interviews go? Was it harder than expected, were there any difficult interview questions (including essay)?

It was pretty good. The students are really friendly and the new building is nice. The interviews are rather laid back, as they just want to get a feel for who you are. The essay is extremely informal, and you basically have 1.5 hrs to write a response that'll probably take 30 minutes at most.

From what it sounds like, if you really enjoy challenges, then this is the place to go -- what a rigorous curriculum!

one of the interviewers told me that they're interviewing about 500 people??? That does look accurate as there were say...50 people at my session (8am), and then there was another session at 12pm, which i assume had another 50 or so. She told me that there were 8 days of interviews...so....all i can say is wow. thats a lot of freaking interviews for 60 spots.

chusifer said:
one of the interviewers told me that they're interviewing about 500 people??? That does look accurate as there were say...50 people at my session (8am), and then there was another session at 12pm, which i assume had another 50 or so. She told me that there were 8 days of interviews...so....all i can say is wow. thats a lot of freaking interviews for 60 spots.

There were 24 people in my session (12 pm). I doubt they'll interview 500 people for so few seats; my guess is probably closer to 250-300...

They are having 8 interview days!! :eek:

I thought there are only three: 1/21, 1/23, 2/6. Or maybe I am seriously wrong.

Now I am really down. :(

Hey all,
I went on the 1/21 interview and they told us that there are 3 interview sessions: two in end of january and then one in february if i recall correctly. They're also interviewing 240 people, cuz i remember thinking it was exactly a 25% chance of acceptance. Anyhow, i have to tell you guys that they are extremely warm and receptive at ucsd. Everyone is super nice and really wanna see you succeed. I can only dream of ending up in such a perfect place. Anyways, my only advice would be to practce the interview thread on sdn cuz they practically asked me every single question on there. Prepare but dont stress out too much and do your best!! Goodluck! :luck:

For sure there are 4 interview dates.

1/21, 1/23, 2/6, and 2/11.

I may get one of you guys on 2/6. ;p

Gosondth said:
For sure there are 4 interview dates.

1/21, 1/23, 2/6, and 2/11.

I may get one of you guys on 2/6. ;p

Cool! I'll be at the 2/6 interview. CalGrl05, do you have any additional advice on how to prepare, besides the interview feedback on SDN? Was the essay particularly hard?

perhaps my interviewer said 8 interview sessions...2 sessions on each of the 4 days.

the essay was pretty simple. its the same question that has been floating around these boards for the past few months (years?)

I suddenly got this question: Will the person who interviewed you be your advisors when you get admitted? It is possible since he has asked you so many questions and is supposed to know you more than other faculties.

chusifer said:
perhaps my interviewer said 8 interview sessions...2 sessions on each of the 4 days.

the essay was pretty simple. its the same question that has been floating around these boards for the past few months (years?)

Thanks. My friend just told me you guys had the question as hers. I'm surprised they didn't think of any new ones, but I'm fine with that!