UCSD pharm school requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

macn19

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
On the UCSD website, it says

"A solid understanding of the fundamental sciences is essential for the study of the pharmaceutical and biomedical sciences. Applicants are required to have successfully completed, with an average grade point average of 3.0 or better in each category, the following pre-requisite science coursework"

Then it lists categories such as physics, ochem, etc. So will they not consider my application if my average gpa for the physics classes I took is below 3.0? This is the only school I've seen so far that requires a minimum average GPA for each category.

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry, my physics GPA was below 3.0 and I still got in. cGPA = 3.54, sGPA = 3.3. My EC's were pretty stellar though. There's still hope, apply!

Reactions: 1 user
I emailed them last cycle about this, and I will paste what they wrote back to me:

"We review all applications that are submitted regardless of GPA. We look at the application as a whole and do take into consideration other factors when making a decision."

So as the above poster has said, they are soft requirements. Good luck!