UCSD secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yeeester

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone know how hard they screen out of state and in state? as in, how many secondaries do they send out?

thanks,
y

Members don't see this ad.

yeeester said:
does anyone know how hard they screen out of state and in state? as in, how many secondaries do they send out?

thanks,
y
not sure how many. But they use a formula with many factors: GPA, urm, and each section of the MCAT, including the writing sample. For in state the calc number you "score" is less than for out of state. What are your stats?

hey-

i am not going to post my stats, but i just wanted to know the utility of filling this thing out as an out of stater. i looked up the stats on admissions and know its a longshot for getting an interview, but i was curious if anyone know how many secondary applications they give out and receive so that i could judge my chances at getting an interview. thanks though

y

Members don't see this ad :)
for those of u' all who got the 2ndary:
for the approx. hours each week for extracurricular activities on campus (e.g. clubs) r u just putting down the hours during the skool year, or r u averaging it into a whole year?
i was just gonna put down during the skool year, since it seems more logical.

10x

yeeester said:
hey-

i am not going to post my stats, but i just wanted to know the utility of filling this thing out as an out of stater. i looked up the stats on admissions and know its a longshot for getting an interview, but i was curious if anyone know how many secondary applications they give out and receive so that i could judge my chances at getting an interview. thanks though

y

Seeing as they only take about 10 people from out of state each year, the chances are probably pretty low. That said, if you really want to go there, go for it, you could be one of those 10 people.

I am only averaging in the school year, with the exception of course of the activities that carry through the summer, such as training for a sport, etc. I think that if you were to average in the whole year, it really wouldn't reflect the true amount of involvement.

medskoolwannaB said:
for the approx. hours each week for extracurricular activities on campus (e.g. clubs) r u just putting down the hours during the skool year, or r u averaging it into a whole year?

10x

medskoolwannaB said:

10x

I averaged through the school year (or through the summer, if it was a summer activity).