UCSD supp application question

Started by santivier
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

santivier

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

So glad I came across this forum! Really helpful and supportive!

Okay, I am still filling out my PharmCAS and supplemental applications. With regards to UCSD's application, we have to write about an "academic challenge faced either during high school and college." I read a previous thread where some people talked about the challenges of taking o-chem or another science course and that's an idea. But I would like some suggestions about how other people define "academic challenge."

Also, I have my personal statement written up for the PharmCAS application and I have one person from this forum willing to give me their two cents. Any other takers??? Would be so much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

SV
 
I will look at your PS if you want 🙂 PM it to me.

I am also in the process of filling out the UCSD application and I am having trouble with that. Could switching from the academic semester system to the academic quarter system be a challenge? Any input would be great.

Thank you
 
From personal experience, I don't think it's that hard...i had semesters at jc for 2 years, then quarters at ucla...now back to semesters at USC. However, I am not sure how challenging pharmacy school would be if it was on a quarter system. I would probably be done with midterms and finals by this time already 🙂 Of course, there are pros and cons, but i really liked the quarter system in the undergrad - everything was so fast..you open the books, close, move on. Fun times...