UCSD vs. USC Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blizz

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm in a predicament. I already sent in my confirmation for USC's January interview but I just got an invite to UCSD. Is there anyway I could reschedule my interview for one school without being penalized? I know it is very difficult to reschedule at both schools, and what I'm worried about is this:

1. USC accepted 60 students from the Nov interview, and if they follow that trend, they'll accept a large amount again. If I reschedule to the Feb date, will I be at a lower chance of acceptance?
2. I'm assuming Jan 21 is the first round of interviews at UCSD, which is great for me because I don't want to miss out on that chance. However, it says on their letter that they'll reschedule only for class exams or medical emergencies
3. USC has a larger class size (higher chance to get in) than UCSD, which accepts 60 people (more competitive)

This is assuming that I can reschedule, I might be turned down! Both schools are great, but I don't have a preference for either one because I think both programs are exceptional. I need advice! Help!

Members don't see this ad.

blizz said:
Hey guys, I'm in a predicament. I already sent in my confirmation for USC's January interview but I just got an invite to UCSD. Is there anyway I could reschedule my interview for one school without being penalized? I know it is very difficult to reschedule at both schools, and what I'm worried about is this:

1. USC accepted 60 students from the Nov interview, and if they follow that trend, they'll accept a large amount again. If I reschedule to the Feb date, will I be at a lower chance of acceptance?
2. I'm assuming Jan 21 is the first round of interviews at UCSD, which is great for me because I don't want to miss out on that chance. However, it says on their letter that they'll reschedule only for class exams or medical emergencies
3. USC has a larger class size (higher chance to get in) than UCSD, which accepts 60 people (more competitive)

This is assuming that I can reschedule, I might be turned down! Both schools are great, but I don't have a preference for either one because I think both programs are exceptional. I need advice! Help!

Yeah don't worry, I know UCSD's letter says they'll only reschedule for those reasons, but they will let you do it anyway because of the USC interview. I was in the same position last year and they had no problem switching it.

nm...I think TrojanAnteater knows wat to do...good luck blizz :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks TrojanAntEater and marrymenatalie for your responses. Although you deleted yours, marrymenatalie! Hope you had fun in Vegas, TrojanAntEater (I was checking out your blog). I'm from Vegas by the way, if you're still here and you like clubs, you might want to check out Tao or Pure if you haven't already. Cheers!

PS. Did you get accepted to UCSD by the way?

blizz said:
PS. Did you get accepted to UCSD by the way?

No and I'm not going to say this was the definite reason but I had the worst interview by far out of the 3 places I applied (actually, the other two places were great interviews, and this one was actually bad). I got the worst interview questions that I, personally, could have been given. For example, the guy asked me if I knew any issues about Medicare/Medicaid..... and I didn't because I never paid attention to that stuff (still hate it now, but learning to deal with it :D ). Anyway, the whole interview didn't go that great, and I probly didn't take it seriously since I knew I wouldn't be going there anyway. Who knows if a good interview would have pushed me over the top anyway though.