sdgirl1507

10+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2006
Status
Non-Student
Hi everyone

I've been seriously thinking of applying to pharm school. I'm 31 graduated from the University of Minnesota with a BS and a MS in clinical microbiology from the University of Wisconsin. I've been working in the biotech field for 6 years. I also have alot of experience also working in a clinical setting.

undergrad cumul- 3.6
science-3.4

I do not know if I have a good chance of getting accepted at UCSD. What suggestions would you guys give me?

Thanks!

tdkneo

The Future Dr.Nguyen
10+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
sdgirl1507 said:
Hi everyone

I've been seriously thinking of applying to pharm school. I'm 31 graduated from the University of Minnesota with a BS and a MS in clinical microbiology from the University of Wisconsin. I've been working in the biotech field for 6 years. I also have alot of experience also working in a clinical setting.

undergrad cumul- 3.6
science-3.4

I do not know if I have a good chance of getting accepted at UCSD. What suggestions would you guys give me?

Thanks!
your stats look very solid, but UCSD Pharm school is very competitive these days, i say you have a pretty decent chance of getting into UCSD.........give a try.......

Scrubs Fan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2006
Chino Hills, CA
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
i'm not sure how it is for UCSD, but some schools require you to have taken the biology and chemistry classes within 7 years of applying or X number of years. But I just wanted to give you a heads up. Try calling UCSD and find out if they have any such stipulations. If anything, they might ask you to retake it at a junior college or something, but just double check just in case.

Good Luck!!!

About the Ads

tdkneo

The Future Dr.Nguyen
10+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Scrubs Fan said:
i'm not sure how it is for UCSD, but some schools require you to have taken the biology and chemistry classes within 7 years of applying or X number of years. But I just wanted to give you a heads up. Try calling UCSD and find out if they have any such stipulations. If anything, they might ask you to retake it at a junior college or something, but just double check just in case.

Good Luck!!!

or better yet, visit the school and talk to the admission counselor face to face and get everything cleared up if youre really serious about attending UCSD........very nice school by the way......

OP
S

sdgirl1507

10+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2006
Status
Non-Student
thank you- very good suggestions- i'll call the school.

38ctk

ktc83
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 26, 2005
Los Angeles, California/Seattle,Washington
Status
Post Doc
Hey SD girl

SD is very big on the biotech industry...so you have an upper hand right there. plus..they also look very research based...so that is an advantage for you as well. My GPA was very good..but not spectacular. plus..i had experience in pharmacy as well. Make sur eyou have very good letters of rec..which i dont think will be difficult for you to get
Katy

sdgirl1507 said:
thank you- very good suggestions- i'll call the school.

OP
S

sdgirl1507

10+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2006
Status
Non-Student
Katy

Are you currently attending UCSD pharmacy school?

Thanks!

About the Ads