UCSD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

BlackPuma

has anyone heard from freakin UCSD?

I'm tired of coming home and waiting for the phone to ring, or not ring which ever is my fate.....argh, it was supposed to be before thanksgiving, then after thanksgiving, now it is BEFORE christmas, YEEEESSSSH...

can someone smell AMCAS? :(

sucks

Members don't see this ad.

I hear ya Watcha'...there was a barrage of private messages and a few posts yesterday between a few of us trying to figure out what's going on. Here's what I've gathered...

For those who have interviewed (I would say safely up till the end of last month - mine was on the 28th and my file has gone to review) the files have gone to review. You were either placed in the "acceptance pool" or rejected. Now, here's where we speculate. We think the admissions committee has placed recommendations to the Dean to either accept or continue the file in the acceptance pool. End of speculation. This is what Dr. Resnick was supposed to do last week, but didn't get around to it, and he is on vacation this week. So, next monday he will give the final rubber stamp and begin calling sometime next week. If you don't hear from them by the end of next week, they say to call. Fingers crossed, good luck.

Wow. Nice work Darwin. Thanks for the update!

Members don't see this ad :)
This is pretty much the schedule for those who interviewed in October?

I interviewed the first week in November - probably delayed a month or so?

Anybody know what % of students are waitlisted?

(I know that eventually about 50% of those interviewed are accepted, but this also includes waitlists).

Also, can someone describe in detail what exactly is this "acceptable pool" that UCSD has. Is it a waitlist?

Thanks