UCSD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sammmeyeam

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any news from UCSD?

I know they accepted some people like 2 weeks ago, but anyone heard of many recent movement from the acceptable pool?

How many people have they accepted so far?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I just interviewed at UCSD last Thursday. They've accepted enough people to fill their classes and will continue to send out acceptances until their class is oversubscribed by about 100%. Admissions is rolling and they told us we'd probably hear by the end of April. After interviews, a few people are accepted, a few are rejected, and many are put in the "acceptable" pool until they reach a final decision. The acceptable pool is the same thing as a waitlist.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

I interviewed at UCSD yesterday and we were given the numbers run down: 625 interviewed, next week is the last week they are interviewing, they have accepted 160 thus far and are going to send out about 100 more. Of those remaining in the acceptable pool, about half of them will be put on the waitlist post May 15, I believe that puts the waitlist at about 100-125 people. They usually pull about 30-40 from that list up until the first day of orientation...hope this helps...

Members don't see this ad :)
Rincon, thanks for shedding some light for those of us still waiting and in the a-pool.

if you are in the a-pool right now, is there anything you can do to get an acceptance earlier, or is it like the waitlist - you have to pretty much wait till others drop UCSD?