-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Ucsd
Started by ghoorii
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
This belongs in SSD. Allow me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So these schools that are not rolling will contact you for an interview after November 1st?
More specifically, they will send them out December.
There's only one essay question. The supplemental is already available to those that have not esubmitted.
Thank you!
There's only one essay question. The supplemental is already available to those that have not esubmitted.
do u mean the 500 words essay one? Actually, there are four more questions after that one.....
do u mean the 500 words essay one? Actually, there are four more questions after that one.....
Do you happen to know the topics? I am current working on my other schools atm and thought UCSD was only one -.-
Do you happen to know the topics? I am current working on my other schools atm and thought UCSD was only one -.-
They are just basic questions like "what are your hobbies?" and "what volunteer experiences do you have?" It's only 1 true essay.
Do you happen to know the topics? I am current working on my other schools atm and thought UCSD was only one -.-
You can submit an unfinished essay to see the other essays and then go back and finish the first one.
Here are all the essay questions:
1. Main essay: Please describe how you have explored the profession of Pharmacy, and UCSD in particular, to determine this is the career path for you.
2. Small essays (200 words each)
-.Describe any organizations or activities at school in which you have participated, and highlight any achievements for which you were recognized or leadership positions.
-..Describe any community service related activities for which you have volunteered, and highlight any accomplishments.
-..Describe hobbies, recreational interests or other personally rewarding activities in which you participate, and elaborate on their importance to you.
. .-Sharing intellectual interest is an important aspect of professional life. Describe a book, class, or activity that you find intellectually exciting and specify your reasons..
...-Other Information (optional):You may use the space below to tell us anything else you would like us to know about you..
Hope this helps!🙂
1. Main essay: Please describe how you have explored the profession of Pharmacy, and UCSD in particular, to determine this is the career path for you.
2. Small essays (200 words each)
-.Describe any organizations or activities at school in which you have participated, and highlight any achievements for which you were recognized or leadership positions.
-..Describe any community service related activities for which you have volunteered, and highlight any accomplishments.
-..Describe hobbies, recreational interests or other personally rewarding activities in which you participate, and elaborate on their importance to you.
. .-Sharing intellectual interest is an important aspect of professional life. Describe a book, class, or activity that you find intellectually exciting and specify your reasons..
...-Other Information (optional):You may use the space below to tell us anything else you would like us to know about you..
Hope this helps!🙂
Here are all the essay questions:
1. Main essay: Please describe how you have explored the profession of Pharmacy, and UCSD in particular, to determine this is the career path for you.
2. Small essays (200 words each)
-.Describe any organizations or activities at school in which you have participated, and highlight any achievements for which you were recognized or leadership positions.
-..Describe any community service related activities for which you have volunteered, and highlight any accomplishments.
-..Describe hobbies, recreational interests or other personally rewarding activities in which you participate, and elaborate on their importance to you.
. .-Sharing intellectual interest is an important aspect of professional life. Describe a book, class, or activity that you find intellectually exciting and specify your reasons..
...-Other Information (optional):You may use the space below to tell us anything else you would like us to know about you..
Hope this helps!🙂
I just want to make a correction to the above statement. The word limit to the small essays (Biographical Statement) is actually 250 words. This is the message I got after going over the word limit: "You've exceeded the 250 word limit!"
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just want to make a correction to the above statement. The word limit to the small essays (Biographical Statement) is actually 250 words. This is the message I got after going over the word limit: "You've exceeded the 250 word limit!"
Thanks for the help guys!
Does anyone know if its bad to leave the additional comments section blank or N/A?
Does anyone know if its bad to leave the additional comments section blank or N/A?
I don't think it's bad. If you have some explanation to do or w/e, you should definitely write it there. I did it for all of my apps.
Did anybody else not notice this section like me?
"A minimum overall GPA of 3.0 is required for application. In addition, a minimum average GPA of 3.0 is needed for each category of required science courses (Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biology and Physics)."
Great.
"A minimum overall GPA of 3.0 is required for application. In addition, a minimum average GPA of 3.0 is needed for each category of required science courses (Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biology and Physics)."
Great.
Did anybody else not notice this section like me?
"A minimum overall GPA of 3.0 is required for application. In addition, a minimum average GPA of 3.0 is needed for each category of required science courses (Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biology and Physics)."
Great.
WTH....👎
WTH....👎
I emailed admissions about that cuz I got a D in physics but repeated and got an A....
So my D got incorporated in my physics GPA which made it below 3.0 still...
But apparently admissions said that if my overall cum GPA was above 3.0 it wouldn't disqualify my application..
so lets hope...

If not then I just lost valuable time and supplemental money :[
I emailed admissions about that cuz I got a D in physics but repeated and got an A....
So my D got incorporated in my physics GPA which made it below 3.0 still...
But apparently admissions said that if my overall cum GPA was above 3.0 it wouldn't disqualify my application..
so lets hope...![]()
it wouldn't disqualify but does that make an applicant less competitive compared to others? i could already feel the disappointment even before they made their decision...
For those you who mailed in the supplemental fee postmarked on Oct 31 or Nov 1, has UCSD notify you that they received it yet?
For those you who mailed in the supplemental fee postmarked on Oct 31 or Nov 1, has UCSD notify you that they received it yet?
Yes, they sent me an email yesterday saying that they have received it. I sent my form on Oct. 31
Yes, they sent me an email yesterday saying that they have received it. I sent my form on Oct. 31
Thanks for replying! I just checked and got mine today 👍
it wouldn't disqualify but does that make an applicant less competitive compared to others? i could already feel the disappointment even before they made their decision...
I talked to a Skaggs student last year and she was trying to encourage me to apply. She said something along the lines of "as long as you don't have any Cs or lower in your upper div sciences, you have a chance!" I got a C+ in Genetics. Yahh...I'm not expecting anything other than a rejection letter from UCSD.
I postmarked mine on 11/1/11, I havent gotten an email yet 

Thanks for replying! I just checked and got mine today 👍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I postmarked mine on 11/1/11, I havent gotten an email yet![]()
I postmarked mine on 10/31/11 and got the email yesterday. Maybe they'll start going through 11/1/11 soon!
Anyone get a interview invite yet or know someone who did?
Anyone get a interview invite yet or know someone who did?
Was reading last year's thread. Received invite by mail on 12/28 seemed to be the earliest.
Its been one whole week and I still haven't received a confirmation email. 

Anyone get a interview invite yet or know someone who did?
no interview invite yet


Its been one whole week and I still haven't received a confirmation email.![]()
Did you receive your confirmation email yet? My friend never got the email, but when she checked her bank account, UCSD withdrew the fee already.
I havent received a confirmation email, but I called and they said that its in the process of being reviewed.
Just got an interview invite!!!!! Scheduled for 1/28/12. SO EXCITED!
Congrats! I just got my rejection letter. Oh well, it was worth a shot.
Good luck! 🙂
*
I got invited too! So Happy!
Congrats! What are your stats?
My stats aren't that impressive. GPA is around 3.4, and I only 1 yr of pharmacy volunteering. To be honest, I didn't expect that interview at all.Congrats! What are your stats?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have not received interview invite yet... I thought I would at least make it to the interview stage. Does anyone know if they would send rejection letter for those who are not invited to interview??
I got invited too! So Happy!
was the invite via email or snail mail?
invite was by snailmail!
Letter was postmarked Dec 16th, and the letter arrived on the 17th.was the invite via email or snail mail?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 5K