UCSF and UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

BlackPuma

ok ok...supposedly these schools are rolling admissions?! but I don't understand..practically everyone I know who got accepted into these schools was notified around late february and march?! they say their rolling, but I have seen people get accepted into these schools as late as april?!

that doens't make sense on how they could be rolling and still have some spots open?!

any takers?

I'm guessing Vader and Becky...are going to take this one :D

at first, I thought these two were dating....cuz the way you complement each other and answer questions about UCSF ;)

Vader: "Becky, girl why won't you answer that one?"
Becky: "Aww shucks vader, ur the mstp 1, that is UR expertise?!"
Vader: "Becky, ur too sweet"
Becky: "Right at you, Vader ;)"
Vader" "Gosh SF is the most wonderful place on earth!"
Becky: "I second that Vader!"

can someone say wedding bells? :D

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Whacha I'll give this one a try...

I'm not sure about UCLA/SF being rolling admission but I know that UCLA usually send out the first round of acceptances in Jan/Feb. Then send out the next batch sometime after March. Of course it's advantageous to interview earlier...but they do leave spaces open for their later interviews. However, as the months go by those spaces become fewer. I have a friend who interviewed in Feb (this is for LA). Got wait-listed in May and got in June.

Another friend interviewed at SF in November. Got wait-listed in Jan and got in July. Anyways, this process is never reliable or predictable. Just gotta count on having the stats and let luck take care of the rest...

I'm not the expert on this...so if anyone has any better idea of what goes on i'd love to know too as those two schools are my top choices. =)

I don't think any of that matters this year. The UCs were smart and pushed everything back right away.

Members don't see this ad :)
After spending hours on my metabolic map, you don't even know how nice it was to log on to SDN and see some light-hearted comic relief on this thread. I guess I'll take the bait and try to answer the question. UCSF sends out admissions letters the 15th of each month, starting in December and going until they fill the class. As BeckyG noted on another thread, there are about 500 interviews given out and 250 acceptances, on a rolling basis. Not all are given out intitially, but it is to your benefit to interview earlier in the cycle rather than later. A 50% chance of getting in after your interview is not too shabby and it means that UCSF does a considerable amount of pre-screening on the primary and secondary applications. UCLA is also on rolling admissions, but I have no idea as to the schedule of when they send out interview invites and acceptances. Hope this helps! :D

All I can say is that Vader's girlfriend probably wouldn't like your idea Watcha! I think Vader answered your question wonderfully ;) so I have nothing to add. Take care,

Becky