ucsf application confirmation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lola

Bovine Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i got an e-mail saying ucsf has received my amcas app. when i log into their application status webpage it says they have received my amcas app but not my paper uc app even though i sent it in several weeks ago. is this happening to anyone else?
p.s. their application status webpage just started saying they received my amcas app today.

Members don't see this ad.

yup lola - I have the same story...sent UC primary 3 weeks ago, but it isn't acknowledged as being there yet. I figure it may take them a few days to add such things now they have the AMCAS data online...I'm not going to worry about it unless it stays that way for at least a week or so...

Originally posted by scienceriot
Out of curiosity, how did you guys know about the UC primary so long ago?

1. I am obsessed with UCSF so have read their web page 1000 times. One day the application appeared and I thought "what's that..."

2. Other people on SDN are just as weird as me, had similar experiences staring at the web page, and posted the info to SDN.

Members don't see this ad :)
the same thing happens to me on their status page. i sent mine in a month ago and it shows up as "not received". so, i called the admissions office and they said it will show up as that even if they have received it because they haven't processed it yet...the lady said it will be a couple more weeks before it starts showing up.

Originally posted by the boy wonder

1. I am obsessed with UCSF so have read their web page 1000 times. One day the application appeared and I thought "what's that..."

2. Other people on SDN are just as weird as me, had similar experiences staring at the web page, and posted the info to SDN.

LOL. See it can pay to be obsessed. I know I was/am. I wish you all the best. Just for you info, in case you didn't know, last year's secondary had no essay question(s) unless you claimed to be socioeconomically disadvantaged or if you applied to the JNP program.

Things I've learned from the Office of Admissions and through word of mouth:

They get about 4500 primaries and screen them for gpa, mcat, state residency, personal statement, activities, and background.

To those that meet the cutoff, they send around 1400 or so secondaries and request that you send in LORs (I think 5 or 6 was the max). Then, they factor in your letters and 'maturity' as well as any other unique characteristics that positively impact on your application and offer around 500-550 interviews.

Based on the previously mentioned criteria and on the interview reports (I've heard that each interviewer ranks you on a scale of 1 to 4 and both of them have to add up to atleast 7 to be considered for an outright acceptance...another way of saying that is that you have to average a 3.5)..they either accept you outright (about 190-200/application cycle), place you on the alternate list (roughly 100 students) or reject you (200 or so)..I think I remember hearing that 20 to 30% of the alternate list ultimately gets accepted.

Many people on this forum such as BeckyG and Vader have been immensely helpful in providing information about UCSF to those of us who were 'obsessed' with UCSF (see LadyinRed, myself, and many others). In the spirit of reciprocity, I hope that I too can provide some perspective/advice regarding UCSF (though it would help to start classes first).

I think that's just about it.. the only thing to add is that the screening for secondaries is mostly MCAT, GPA and residency... there is some fabled score based on the above and maybe other criteria. If you score is above the cutoff, you get the secondary. Hope that's helpful. Good luck!! See you soon, Souljah1 - enjoy the remaining month of summer!!!! :clap:

Becky