UCSF enrollment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nothen2do

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should make your chances of admission a little better...

Dear UCSF School of Dentistry Community,

We have the opportunity to increase our incoming predoctoral class size from 80 to 88 for fall 2007. From an academic perspective, this is feasible because of an excellent applicant pool this year. Significantly, however, this action is needed because of concerns in the Chancellor’s office that the School of Dentistry is underenrolled according to the FTE allotment formula. Increasing the class size by 8 gives us the opportunity to correct our enrollment numbers and confirm the effective use of our FTE—particularly in light of other schools on campus being overenrolled.

The decision to increase enrollment was made by Faculty Council in consultation with the faculty, the course directors, administration and department chairs. We look forward to having the predoctoral class size restored to 88 members as it was until the early 1990’s.

Charles Bertolami, Dean

Peter Loomer, Chair, Faculty Council

Members don't see this ad.

Where'd you get this info?

Wow. Do you know if this is effective for the people that applied this round or for next application cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
It was a mass email to the SOD, and I assume the larger class size begins with the 2007 incoming class

oh cool, it'll be nice to know 8 more ppl :oops:

that makes us equal to our sister school! :thumbup:

more power to the class of 2011. btw where is our thread?? :rolleyes:

well, just checked AADSAS and it says I've been denied :mad: but I was expecting it any day now...

no i'm pretty sure it's still 88 seats. at the interview they gave us a fact sheet for class of 2012 and the class size was 88.