UCSF interview - Hotel recomendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JamesC

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I have an interview at UCSF coming up and I am wondering if you could recommend on a decent cheap hotel nearby? Also, did you rent a car?

Thanks
James

Members don't see this ad.

have u tried looking into hostels??? they r usually between 25 and 50...and have reasonable service. You really don't need a car, cos u have the BART and buses....good luck!!!!!:D

Carl's Hotel was nice. It is 3 blocks away. 67 a night.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll second the Carl Hotel recommendation. It is walking distance from the school and lies directly along the N-Judah Muni stop so you won't need to rent a car.

Any fan of Japanese culture can try Hotel Kabuki. It's right at the center of Japan town :thumbup:, has a nice Sake bar :thumbup::thumbup:, and is very close to great JP restaurants. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: It's not cheap, though. (4 stars) ;)

Last edited:
I'm considering staying for couple days to see the city. I just feel like it's a waste to fly all the way from Boston for 24h.

I'm considering staying for couple days to see the city. I just feel like it's a waste to fly all the way from Boston for 24h.

Awesome idea, there's so much to do in SF and the bay area.