UCSF Interview Jan.14th $50

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Syrah

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone willing to step up and switch their UCSF interview with me? I have a Jan. 18th (Friday) interview and need to switch to Jan.14th (Monday). I am even willing to pay you $50 big ones to switch with me. And don't worry, it doesn't matter which day you go because after the 18th, they're not doing anymore interviews. I'll even give you the money if you have canceled or don't plan on attending your Jan.14th interview and I can pick it up. PLEASE let me know!

Members don't see this ad.

UCSF2012

Tooth Rehab Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
wowzers. not a fan of UoP?

predental1984

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are they really not going to make an exception for you? Maybe if you explain to them what the reason is.

Members don't see this ad :)

UCSF2012

Tooth Rehab Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
and since they havn't accepted any after Dec 1st, there're a lot of seats available too! It's only 40% full now.

Syrah

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
wowzers. not a fan of UoP?

Whoa whoa now, never did I say I was not a fan of Pacific. I think very highly of the school but you never know which school is the best fit for you until you check it out.

I am finding it hard to believe though that no one is willing to switch with me. I'm pretty sure there are some CA residents that are attending that date and it wouldn't make any difference to them what date they attend but I got a plane ticket to reserve. What can I do thou....

fireblast713

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am finding it hard to believe though that no one is willing to switch with me. I'm pretty sure there are some CA residents that are attending that date and it wouldn't make any difference to them what date they attend but I got a plane ticket to reserve. What can I do thou....

This might be why...

Taken from the UCSF Interview Invite E-mail
"If you are unable to make your scheduled appointment, we regret that we will have to cancel your application as we are unable to offer any more interview days."

If it was me, I don't think $50 would be worth the risk to have your application/interview withdrawn, esp since it does not appear that you have cleared this switch with UCSF. I don't know if you could just show up on a different interview days, as they do make appointments for a reason, personally I wouldn't risk it (and I don't think a lot of other applicants would either)

gogiantsss

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
and since they havn't accepted any after Dec 1st, there're a lot of seats available too! It's only 40% full now.

may i ask where you got that number from?

UCSF2012

Tooth Rehab Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
may i ask where you got that number from?

I asked the director of admissions on the phone. That was as of a few days ago, so more deposits may have come in.

mynamemule

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
whats the date the first round acceptances have to respond by? was it the 15th?

Syrah

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This might be why...

Taken from the UCSF Interview Invite E-mail
"If you are unable to make your scheduled appointment, we regret that we will have to cancel your application as we are unable to offer any more interview days."

If it was me, I don't think $50 would be worth the risk to have your application/interview withdrawn, esp since it does not appear that you have cleared this switch with UCSF. I don't know if you could just show up on a different interview days, as they do make appointments for a reason, personally I wouldn't risk it (and I don't think a lot of other applicants would either)

Actually I have cleared this with UCSF, I spoke to Mr. MacKenzie and he agreed to it. If someone is willing to switch with me, all that had to be done was call in and switch it- he said it wasn't a biggie, just that there was already 25 people that day and they were maxed out.

fireblast713

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ohh ok, my bad, you might get more interest if you mentioned that then heh.

nemo11

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
if we interviewed pre dec 1st...how much longer do we have to wait to hear from them? i've tried calling and emailing, they're not picking up nor replying. anyone know?

Fonz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
if we interviewed pre dec 1st...how much longer do we have to wait to hear from them? i've tried calling and emailing, they're not picking up nor replying. anyone know?

Probably after the 15-16th because that's the last day for 1st round acceptances to put down a deposit.

UCSF2012

Tooth Rehab Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The adcom there appear to meet Fridays.