UCSF Interview Jan.14th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Syrah

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone scheduled to interview at UCSF on Jan. 14th that they're NOT planning on attending? I'm signed up for the 18th but can't attend that date due to family circumstances. If someone's dropping the 14th or is willing to switch with me, PLEASE let me know!! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone scheduled to interview at UCSF on Jan. 14th that they're NOT planning on attending? I'm signed up for the 18th but can't attend that date due to family circumstances. If someone's dropping the 14th or is willing to switch with me, PLEASE let me know!! Thank you!

Why the 14th?

that's the only other interview date they're offering this year

Members don't see this ad :)
that's the only other interview date they're offering this year

sux, but hopefully you've called them and ask them to reserve a spot on that day should one open up.

I don't think they do that because I asked them about that date and the only response I got was that they were booked. So I'm hoping sdn might work its magic....

I don't think they do that because I asked them about that date and the only response I got was that they were booked. So I'm hoping sdn might work its magic....

Then if someone OUTside of SDN cancels, you'll never know. You should also mention that there's no difference between a 14th and 18th interview date, since they're purposely waiting to interview all candidates before they accept anymore.

BTW, if anyone had the option between UoP, UCSF, and UPenn, which would you go to?

BTW, if anyone had the option between UoP, UCSF, and UPenn, which would you go to?
Alphabetically, C is before O and O is before P.:D I think if you have a convincing reason, they would switch or squeeze you in no problem. Sounds like you have a schedule conflict. Good luck!

There is no scheduling conflict but I was really wondering which schools people prefer; I prolly shouldn't have put it under this thread. And no reason will let them switch me to the 14th because they already have 25 people coming in that day, and trust me I have a good reason.

If you want to specialize down the road then Upenn and UCSF are good options becuase you can technically stay there after graduation.
If you want to become a GP, then no place like UOP. With no specialty schools, you will be able to see all the advanced cases, and you will be done in 3 years.

SF and Penn for specialty. SF for cost, SF, and not dying in Philly

UoP for GP and 3 yrs.