UCSF Interview - Written Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kiggar4l2000

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Howdy yall
My UCSF interview is in January and I was hoping if some of you would be willing to share what sort of written questions they asked. I don't need to know exactly what the questions were (although I don't mind :)) but just the nature of the questions. Thanks.

It seems like alot of ppl have asked how many people are interviewed and accepted. About 300 are interviewed for a 80+ class. So roughly about 1/3 of interviewees are accepted at UCSF

Members don't see this ad.

nothing to stress about... the question isn't dental related, you have 10 mins to just put something intelligent down.

I havn't interviewd yet (Jan 9th) but the info I recieved said you need to answer the "question of the day" , which I assume requires no dental or science knowledge, and is just to see if you are literate.

Members don't see this ad :)
kiggar4l2000 said:
Howdy yall
My UCSF interview is in January and I was hoping if some of you would be willing to share what sort of written questions they asked. I don't need to know exactly what the questions were (although I don't mind :)) but just the nature of the questions. Thanks.

It seems like alot of ppl have asked how many people are interviewed and accepted. About 300 are interviewed for a 80+ class. So roughly about 1/3 of interviewees are accepted at UCSF

Hey i just recieved a letter from UCSF today, that states that my application is complete, but the check boxes for DAT scores, letters of rec, and transcripts are not. I had all those materials sent awhile back....is UCSF just lagging on that? Anyone else receive the same letter or was or currently in the same situation? Thanks.

twinklit said:
Hey i just recieved a letter from UCSF today, that states that my application is complete, but the check boxes for DAT scores, letters of rec, and transcripts are not. I had all those materials sent awhile back....is UCSF just lagging on that? Anyone else receive the same letter or was or currently in the same situation? Thanks.
if it says it's "complete," then it means it's complete, so you don't have to worry about it. By having it marked as complete, they didn't have to mark the individual items that they received -- so it's a good thing it's complete! =) And good luck to you!

kiggar4l2000 said:
Howdy yall

Time: They gave me 10 minutes to write an essay. :eek: I wrote as much as I could in 10 minutes. :scared:

Nature of questions: Not related to dentistry.

kiggar4l2000 said:
About 300 are interviewed for a 80+ class. So roughly about 1/3 of interviewees are accepted at UCSF

FYI, I think it's more like 1/2 of interviewees are accepted. Many people will matriculate elsewhere.

drhobie7 said:
FYI, I think it's more like 1/2 of interviewees are accepted. Many people will matriculate elsewhere.
do you know how what happens after the interview? do they all meet right after the interview and defend or reject the interviewee status? -- and...what do they look for in interviews that are more like socializing rather than interviewing??

I just thought i'd ask you, since you have very good posts floating around. :D