1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

UCSF Interview - Written Questions

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by kiggar4l2000, Nov 23, 2005.

1. kiggar4l2000

kiggar4l2000 Member
    5+ Year Member

Howdy yall
    My UCSF interview is in January and I was hoping if some of you would be willing to share what sort of written questions they asked. I don't need to know exactly what the questions were (although I don't mind :)) but just the nature of the questions. Thanks.

It seems like alot of ppl have asked how many people are interviewed and accepted. About 300 are interviewed for a 80+ class. So roughly about 1/3 of interviewees are accepted at UCSF

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. wuyide

wuyide Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    nothing to stress about... the question isn't dental related, you have 10 mins to just put something intelligent down.

4. PDizzle

PDizzle PreDents.com
    Partner Organization 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I havn't interviewd yet (Jan 9th) but the info I recieved said you need to answer the "question of the day" , which I assume requires no dental or science knowledge, and is just to see if you are literate.

5. twinklit

twinklit UCSF2010
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

Hey i just recieved a letter from UCSF today, that states that my application is complete, but the check boxes for DAT scores, letters of rec, and transcripts are not. I had all those materials sent awhile back....is UCSF just lagging on that? Anyone else receive the same letter or was or currently in the same situation? Thanks.

6. pOiiMiiOq

pOiiMiiOq Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    if it says it's "complete," then it means it's complete, so you don't have to worry about it. By having it marked as complete, they didn't have to mark the individual items that they received -- so it's a good thing it's complete! =) And good luck to you!

7. dat_student

dat_student Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Time: They gave me 10 minutes to write an essay. :eek: I wrote as much as I could in 10 minutes. :scared:

Nature of questions: Not related to dentistry.

8. drhobie7

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    FYI, I think it's more like 1/2 of interviewees are accepted. Many people will matriculate elsewhere.

9. pOiiMiiOq

pOiiMiiOq Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    do you know how what happens after the interview? do they all meet right after the interview and defend or reject the interviewee status? -- and...what do they look for in interviews that are more like socializing rather than interviewing??

I just thought i'd ask you, since you have very good posts floating around. :D