UCSF interview!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jabba

beezer
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I received an interview from UCSF for ealry Dec. There is only one problem, the cost of 1 ticket from Newark, NY to San Fran is $1800; that's insane. I have always see myself living in Bay Area. I have been there once 4 months ago and thought San Fran was awesome.

Questions
1) How many applicants are interviewed from out of state and actually get accepted?

2) How does this school compared to other schools such as Columbia in reputation?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know what kind of questions UCSF ask students to write during the interview? Also what type of questions did they ask during the actual interview?

J.L. tomorrow (Tuesday) checkout <a href="http://www.southwest.com" target="_blank">www.southwest.com</a> and see if they have a better fare (from Buffalo, NY to Oakland, CA). Oakland is just across the bridge from SF. It's probably more expensive to fly into San Francisco International Airport. They usually have the weekly deals coming out on Tuesdays. I'm sure that you can get better deals from southwest than a lot of online travel agencies. Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
JL!
You should also check out Jet Blue from NY to Oakland. It's $99 each way. Oakland is a small airport compare to SFO, but it's good enough. And it's not that far from ucsf neither. Just cross the bay bridge and you are there. You can also take bart or shuttle from oakland airport to san francisco. Hope this help. If you have more questions on public transportation, please ask.
About reputation of ucsf, I think that it's outstanding in term of academic and research. Clinically it's doing really well also. Why don't you check out the official ranking of all dental schools yourself
Good luck with the fare search

j.l.,

i think you meant newark new jersey. in any case, you should look for other nearby airports in the new york region, such as jfk or laguardia airports. and like the other posts, check ontario or sfo. i really don't think you should be paying anything above $500 round trip. you should however stay over a saturday night. my guess is that you did the initial search without a saturday night stay; that is significantly more expensive. good luck in your search. always try hotwire.com as well.