UCSF Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fireblast713

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering, for people who got interviews at UCSF, did they still have slots before Dec 1st?

Members don't see this ad.

yes they do. not that many people have gotten interviews there, it seems.

More invites should be coming out; I just got mine via email today! I think it's safe to believe this one's real (unlike the last invite fiasco). It sounded like there were quite a few open slots too throughout their Oct dates. I'll be there Oct 22nd. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
More invites should be coming out; I just got mine via email today! I think it's safe to believe this one's real (unlike the last invite fiasco). It sounded like there were quite a few open slots too throughout their Oct dates. I'll be there Oct 22nd. :)

Congrats... would you mind my asking when you submitted your secondary? Like how long of a gap was there in between submitting and getting an interview?

UCSF was one of the schools, when I interviewed that was slow about getting interview invites out. I think they called me in early October and offered me an Early November interview. It think that november interview date was int he middle of the month and that the mostly started interviews aroudn the end of october. Which, frankly, makes sense as they are currently in orientation for the start of the first year's first quarter, so they probably need to finish that up, start the year for all the other 3 classes, and then start interviewing.

I mailed my UCSF secondary out 9/7, got an application complete email 9/13, and got an interview invite 9/29...pretty fast moving, compared to the other schools.
For instance, I'm DYING to hear from UOP!
Especially since I'm hoping I can interview at both schools to save on cross country flying time.

wow that was fast for you... the previous poster had like a month gap.

thats because UCSF didn't start handing out interviews until about 2 weeks ago

I mailed the supp 8/17 and got the invite 9/12

I mailed my UCSF secondary out 9/7, got an application complete email 9/13, and got an interview invite 9/29...pretty fast moving, compared to the other schools.
For instance, I'm DYING to hear from UOP!
Especially since I'm hoping I can interview at both schools to save on cross country flying time.

Got a UoP invite on Friday, Oct 25 was the earliest date offered, so that's somewhat of an update for you.

Supp marked as complete from UCSF 2 weeks ago, guess I'll see how that goes.

just wondering...
for the interview, it seems as though they invite many people to one interview day...does anybody know how many people? and i'm also curious as to why they interview closed file?

thx.

just wondering...
for the interview, it seems as though they invite many people to one interview day...does anybody know how many people? and i'm also curious as to why they interview closed file?

thx.

they have about 15 or so per interview day which, from my experience, is about the average. AZ had 4 while USC had like 30!!

They have a closed file interview so they can get an unbiased opinion of you, which I think is a great idea.

Members don't see this ad :)
They still have mid October dates open. Just spoke with them today.

I just got an interview there as well, looks like I'll be going there on the 26th. Good luck everyone that is interviewing there soon.

email asking for secondary 8/9
sent the secondary around 8/25-9/1??
email confirmation that file is complete 9/13
email asking for interview morning of 9/28
called 10/1 and scheduled the interview for 10/12

Ironically, I was touring their campus on 9/28 (afternoon) and the admissions/interview coordinator came and talked to our group. If I had checked my email that morning, I would've seen the interview notice and could've talked to him in person. I didn't read the email until the next night

please can you explain what do you mean by mid Oct. dates open ,do you mean that they will be offering more invitations or today (Oct.3rd) was the last day

When I called on Mon to schedule my appt, they were trying to fill their interview schedule for next week - so mid Oct dates, still open.

I called them today, and the earliest ucsf interview is on the first week of December. I don't know where you guys are getting this October thing from!

I called them today, and the earliest ucsf interview is on the first week of December. I don't know where you guys are getting this October thing from!

I thought u got into dental school last yr. I didn't think you'd still be applying. :confused:

Really? Maybe spots filled up quick!

i called today too. they were open for November.

http://predents.com/?page=user&user_id=1299

she did.

aka...take what she says with a grain of salt.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::eek::laugh: I love how you rained on her parade like that!! What was she trying to accomplish with the whole, "Full up till December" bit? I know for a fact that they aren't full in November. Some people are so strange. She also claimed to have taken the DAT in April and that her test had Physics on it!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::eek::laugh: I love how you rained on her parade like that!! What was she trying to accomplish with the whole, "Full up till December" bit? I know for a fact that they aren't full in November. Some people are so strange. She also claimed to have taken the DAT in April and that her test had Physics on it!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

lol, we had the same problem with her last year...she's a notorious sdn harasser. notice she cleared her predents profile right after i posted that :rolleyes:

Has anybody that scheduled an interview received an e-mail confirmation? I would like to book my flight and hotel, but I'm scared to do so until I receive a confirmation, just in case. If you received a confirmation, how long did it take for them to send it to you after you called to schedule?

Thanks!

im getting soo anxious...i still havent gotten the real invite...that fake invite really threw me for an emotional spiral...:oops:

im getting soo anxious...i still havent gotten the real invite...that fake invite really threw me for an emotional spiral...:oops:

yup.. same here... now i'm starting to doubt myself... gah! :(

YES!!!! 3 hours later.....................UCSF INTERVIEW INVITE!!!! Not fake this time!!! YESSSSSSSSSSS!!! Do not abandon hope!!!

Has anybody that scheduled an interview received an e-mail confirmation? I would like to book my flight and hotel, but I'm scared to do so until I receive a confirmation, just in case. If you received a confirmation, how long did it take for them to send it to you after you called to schedule?

Thanks!

I received a confirmation letter via postal mail about a week after I scheduled the interview. If you spoke with them on the phone and have a set date, you should be fine to schedule flights, hotels, etc. I was scared too, given the 1st rescinded invite, so I called to confirm. It might put your nerves at ease if you called.

Thanks!

Well if you actually called and scheduled then you should be OK. They send a paper mail confirmation but it doesn't have your actual interview date on it. Well mine didn't it was generic.

I call them ~every 3 days to ask, "do I have an interview..yet?"
My AADSAS still says invited for interview. I just need that confirmation e-mail. Please...

YES!!!! 3 hours later.....................UCSF INTERVIEW INVITE!!!! Not fake this time!!! YESSSSSSSSSSS!!! Do not abandon hope!!!

Congrats. I really hope this happens to me too.
Good luck on ur interview.

oh hyphae..im trying to keep the hope alive...but fwef my emotional well is running dry

hey guys 1 day after the "fake invite" i got a real invite. So keep your hopes up!

Congrats. I really hope this happens to me too.
Good luck on ur interview.

oh hyphae..im trying to keep the hope alive...but fwef my emotional well is running dry

Thanks! Don't worry, we all worked really hard! The way I see it, there are still lots of interview dates left so expect an invite soooon!

thx...but im getting the feeling..im the only one still waiting in sdn...:(

hey guys 1 day after the "fake invite" i got a real invite. So keep your hopes up!

I have a feeling tha the people who got the fake invite will all eventually get the real email; most likely it is some data entry errors or delays on the part of UCSF. In any case UCSF is one of those schools that invites a lot of people, so there should be plenty of spots left.

what is this fake invite everyone is talking about? i called in to schedule a few days ago , but have not gotten any email after that.

A couple of weeks ago they accidentally updated everyones status on AADSAS to invited for interview. Unfortunately it was over a weekend and so no one could call until monday...and it turned out to be a mistake. Fortunately some of us have just gotten the real deal.

ahh.. thanks for clearing that up, dayfu17. now i can rest in peace :-D.