UCSF Pharmacy Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ICA said:
I mailed my application out on Oct. 31st and already received an email confirming the receipt of my complete application. The email was dated Nov. 2. They sure do work fast over there.

From the application workshop, they mentioned that they start sending interview invites around Christmas time. What a great present that would be. :love:
ICA, would you mind posting your stats?

Members don't see this ad.

fidelio said:
Actually, what does UCSF emphasize in most? Research? Volunteer work? People who do well in math or o chem?

I'm not sure what sort of people they're looking for.

I honestly think that UCSF doensn't look just at one thing but they look at the whole person. You might be weak in one area but strong in another. If I had to choose one thing to focus on, it would probably be extracurricular activities. They want people who are leaders, who show commitment, and who show care for the community. I think they look for more than just pharmacy experience and look at life experience. Good luck everyone.

ICA said:
I mailed my application out on Oct. 31st and already received an email confirming the receipt of my complete application. The email was dated Nov. 2. They sure do work fast over there.

From the application workshop, they mentioned that they start sending interview invites around Christmas time. What a great present that would be. :love:

Hmm.. that has me worried because I sent my application out Oct 28th, and I know they received it in their office on the 31st. So far, no complete application email. Do you think I should call?

Members don't see this ad :)
blizz said:
Hmm.. that has me worried because I sent my application out Oct 28th, and I know they received it in their office on the 31st. So far, no complete application email. Do you think I should call?

Do you know if your PharmCAS was mailed out to them already? I submitted my PharmCAS in late July so it was practically sitting in their office this whole time.

They specificaly stated that they DO NOT want people to contact them regarding the status of their application. As long as you submitted everything they asked for (two copies of Form A w/ check stapled to it, etc.) :rolleyes: and made personal photocopies of everything, you should be fine.

ICA said:
Do you know if your PharmCAS was mailed out to them already? I submitted my PharmCAS in late July so it was practically sitting in their office this whole time.

They specificaly stated that they DO NOT want people to contact them regarding the status of their application. As long as you submitted everything they asked for (two copies of Form A w/ check stapled to it, etc.) :rolleyes: and made personal photocopies of everything, you should be fine.

Okay, thanks. I submitted my pharmcas in september, and they mailed it out on Oct. 12. I'll be patient and keep waiting... although it's nervewracking! :scared:

when you guys applied for UCSF, did you have to fill out something like background check which cost 150$ ? Help me please

Did anyone NOT do the optional supp? pt D i think

oops, i thought that was the thread I was posting in. I had to search to find this thread. misread the titles...

:):thumbup:
First off, congrats on an interview! I know the feeling, definitely exciting!

Here is a link to help any of you out with the interviews, UCSF or otherwise. I used it as a guide for all my preparation and research.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=94738

If any of you want to attend class at 9AM before the interview, feel free to PM me and we can set up a meeting time. I did that with UCSFPharmgirl last year and it was a good experience.

Anyways, good luck and I hope that link to an older post helps!
Hi Oneday_9,
My interview is on Feb 12. Could I attend the class at 9 am with you? Please email me at [email protected] to set up a meeting!!! Thank you so much for doing this!!!:thumbup::)

I am trying to reapply for ucsf this year. Dose anyone know how many letter of recommendation letters i need for reapplying? Is it still same as a new applicant?

I am trying to reapply for ucsf this year. Dose anyone know how many letter of recommendation letters i need for reapplying? Is it still same as a new applicant?

You will need four, with one of them being new.

No problem, in lieu of an interview, just PM me and I can answer any questions. You might also want to look at those interview experiences at UCSF, that will give you a basis for prepping for the interview here or any school really. Young Skywalker will also be a great help, he's an excellent student and individual.

Good Luck!

Hi, I'm really confuse what to do right now. Should I get my bachelor first or go straight into a graduate school. I'm taking all the requirements to get into UCSF, but I'm not sure if it's good idea to go straight.

please help!!! I desperately want to get into my first choice UCSF . I have avg. GPA but hear UCSF looks at entire app. Given my extracurriculars, is this enough for UCSF to overlook the avg. GPA and consider me a candidate? Should I apply under early decision? Please be real in your responses, I can handle it. (applying fall 2015)
  • Undergrad: UCI (BS in Public Health Sciences)
Overall | Last Year
cGPA: 3.28 | cGPA: 3.75
sGPA: 3.0 | sGPA: 3.75
  • Experiene: (Pharm)
-8 months associate at an independent pharmacy
-10 day medical mission (lead pharmaceutical volunteer)
-20 hours shadowing pharmacist
  • Other:
-4 years administrative work at primary care office
-6 months intern at optometry office
- Lead coordinator of youth group
-2 years pre-pharm society (club)
-1 years genetic divergence lab research
PS: Strong--(details personal growth, leadership potential, and personal experiences w/in field.)
--anything UCSF is specifically looking for/I should stress?
LoR: (1) Pharmacist (9.5/10). (2) research professor (average) . (3) speech professor (good). clergey (average-good)
------Do I need to include specific prof. (ie. science/ math)? Does the research LoR make up for it?
Interview: If I get it, I will nail it