-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2018 UCSF Pharmacy School
Started by claudiabotet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I received mine 8 days ago and it also said "provisionally accepted". I received another email the next day stating "important steps to take immediately" such as registration deposit fee, background check, etc...just follow the requirements and you'll be fine.
M
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I only got one. I showed that 5:39am, but I checked my email after 9:30am (wake up too late). I didn't receive any other email so far.Mine says the same. I got like two emails right after I accepted and a 3rd email from Joel. So a total of 4 UCSF emails in a matter of 15 mins-ish.
I only got one. I showed that 5:39am, but I checked my email after 9:30am (wake up too late). I didn't receive any other email so far.
The system shows mine for 5:59am but my inbox said 10:00am.
Still quiet here 🙁I MUST BE DREAMING!!!!! I just got ACCEPTED!!!! ... I'm going to cry!! :')
Hopefully you hear soon. 🙂Still quiet here 🙁
I'm still waiting too... Best of luck! you are not the only one although it feels like it, I'm sure.Still quiet here 🙁
Do they run your background check now or when you first applied ?I received mine 8 days ago and it also said "provisionally accepted". I received another email the next day stating "important steps to take immediately" such as registration deposit fee, background check, etc...just follow the requirements and you'll be fine.
Yes they run it after you're accepted. Unless you got offered admissions elsewhere and that school also used certiphi for background, then they won't run another check and will use that data. Gives you sometime to break **** and not get punished for it. Just kidding.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Someone pleasee make a Facebook group! I'm so excited to meet you guys! Although I noticed in last year's UCSF group, it looked like everyone was added by Joel. So maybe the school makes the group?
5
580946
Do any of you know how the course changing stuff works. So say you took a pre req earlier than planned, and also dropped a class that you did not list as a UCSF pre req and just added a few seminars to meet graduation requirements, would I have to report this to UCSF? I initially didn't think so since none of the changes affected the pre reqs I reported on my supplemental app but now I'm not so sure... I'm currently on the wait list btw
You should probably just do the academic update in full to be safe. Good luck getting off the waitlist!
5
580946
Yeah I probably will just update it the best I can and I sent them my transcripts as well just in case. Thanks! I'm hoping they will start notifying us about some movement soon next week!You should probably just do the academic update in full to be safe. Good luck getting off the waitlist!
Do any of you know how the course changing stuff works. So say you took a pre req earlier than planned, and also dropped a class that you did not list as a UCSF pre req and just added a few seminars to meet graduation requirements, would I have to report this to UCSF? I initially didn't think so since none of the changes affected the pre reqs I reported on my supplemental app but now I'm not so sure... I'm currently on the wait list btw
I asked Joel about this, and he said that if you listed a class down in either your pharmcas or ucsf application, they expect you to take those classes. If you don't, they want to know about it, and will approve or reject the changes in coursework as they see fit. He said that they may or may not have taken those courses into consideration when they made an offer of admission, regardless of if they were prerequisites or not. So yeah I would definitely let them know!
PS I just declined my offer (regretfully), and I'm sure some others have as well, so hopefully you'll hear some good news soon! 🙂
5
580946
Thanks! I'm doing the update right now! (hopefully they "approve" it otherwise I'm kinda screwed, but I don't see why one course would make or break my application)I asked Joel about this, and he said that if you listed a class down in either your pharmcas or ucsf application, they expect you to take those classes. If you don't, they want to know about it, and will approve or reject the changes in coursework as they see fit. He said that they may or may not have taken those courses into consideration when they made an offer of admission, regardless of if they were prerequisites or not. So yeah I would definitely let them know!
PS I just declined my offer (regretfully), and I'm sure some others have as well, so hopefully you'll hear some good news soon! 🙂
Does anyone know how many people have moved off the wait list in recent years?
I know UCSF mentions as low as three to as many as 48, but I suspect recent years are more telling. Also, does moving off the wait list include only people who accepted admissions or does it include people who moved off the wait list because they chose to remove themselves and/or were contacted and turned down admissions?
I know this is extremely nit picky but I am just trying to get as good of a sense of my chances as I plan for my future as I have not been accepted anywhere yet...
I know UCSF mentions as low as three to as many as 48, but I suspect recent years are more telling. Also, does moving off the wait list include only people who accepted admissions or does it include people who moved off the wait list because they chose to remove themselves and/or were contacted and turned down admissions?
I know this is extremely nit picky but I am just trying to get as good of a sense of my chances as I plan for my future as I have not been accepted anywhere yet...
Yes, people have been getting in from the waitlist. I don't know their ranks though. According to fb, there are only 4 more spots left in our class.Does anyone know how many people have moved off the wait list in recent years?
I know UCSF mentions as low as three to as many as 48, but I suspect recent years are more telling. Also, does moving off the wait list include only people who accepted admissions or does it include people who moved off the wait list because they chose to remove themselves and/or were contacted and turned down admissions?
I know this is extremely nit picky but I am just trying to get as good of a sense of my chances as I plan for my future as I have not been accepted anywhere yet...
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K