Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

UCSF Pharmcas Update

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by gmohamma, Dec 14, 2005.

1. gmohamma

gmohamma Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Did anyone else get the email from ucsf saying that we need to update our pharmcas fall grades as part of their evaluation process?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. xturquoise

xturquoise Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Yep. I received that e-mail as well. I don't have my fall grades, though. I'm still taking my finals! I hope I get an interview before the deadline for those fall grades...

4. ethyl

ethyl Go suck on a Zoloft.
    Pharmacist 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    What's the deadline for the fall grades? Do they tend to vary or does Pharmcas have a specified date?

5. nghs2002

nghs2002 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

ditto..i got one too and yup our school just started finals TODAY so it's gonna be a little while until they get my fall grades...all this waiting is driving me nuts!

6. gmohamma

gmohamma Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    what i'm wondering is that they start rejecting people in december and end in january.. does this mean that they're still interested in us and that we wont get rejected in the next couple weeks?

7. dreaminpharmd

dreaminpharmd THBPPTH!
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I started worrying when I read this post. But I have a feeling that this a standard procedure for UCSF to send an e-mail blast to those who probably are finishing up Fall 2005 classes. Plus, I just received that e-mail tonight even though it supposedly was sent out around 11:19am today.

I've talked to a pharmacist who used to be part of the admissions committee ages ago.....he said that applicant have become more competitive that the first thing they look at is gpa (what school doesn't do that). I'll just hope the admission committees find other valuable qualities in my application besides my gpa....

8. Bluhappy102

Bluhappy102 Member
    5+ Year Member

Don't worry..GPA really isn't everything (thank god!). UCSF looks at the whole applicant...there have been sub/low-3.0ers who have gotten in and on the flip side some folks with really high gpa who didn't get in. Good luck everybody and I hope to meet some of you when you come for your interview!

9. fidelio

fidelio Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Oh really? Crap. I did not know that. Well I e-submitted my fall grades today so that'll have to be that.