UCSF post interview Rejection??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WhyNOT111

USC Dentistry 2013
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been rejected after an interview at UCSF School of Dentistry yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone been rejected after an interview at UCSF School of Dentistry yet?

Yes people have been rejected after an interview. Supposedly, on each interview day, only 50% are accepted into the program, which is approximately 10 people. I know a couple of people that got rejected from
UCSF a couple weeks after the interview, but still got into good schools like UCLA. If you don't hear from UCSF right away, that means good news is coming.

can anyone confirm this? I havent heard of anyone as of yet on predent or outside that has gotten a rejection after an interview.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
can anyone confirm this? I havent heard of anyone as of yet on predent or outside that has gotten a rejection after an interview.

Thanks

when did you interview?

Just looking at the Predents stats for UCSF, it seems like matriculation rates are VERY high. I hope I get an acceptance after Jan 15.... :(

Just looking at the Predents stats for UCSF, it seems like matriculation rates are VERY high. I hope I get an acceptance after Jan 15.... :(

on predents you show Tufts as your attending school...
is UCSF your top choice? will you back down on Tufts if you get accepted?

on predents you show Tufts as your attending school...
is UCSF your top choice? will you back down on Tufts if you get accepted?
I'm not sure if I will back down on Tufts if I get an acceptance from UCSF, but I know that I'd have to sit down and think about that one for a long time if it did come to that situation. There are a lot of good things about UCSF like a smaller class size and good location. ALSO, I'd be able to get WICHE funding, which is a big plus.

bump. i need to know if anyone has been yet.

Looking through the 09 applicants on predents I saw 1 or 2 who've interviewed this cycle and then been rejected from UCSF too.

Looking through the 09 applicants on predents I saw 1 or 2 who've interviewed this cycle and then been rejected from UCSF too.

HMM. does that sound realistic? what do you guys think?
I think probably more, NO?

Yea, probably more are rejected, but only a fraction of people actually use predents, so I would assume more have been rejected.