UCSF secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mitro

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten one? Just curious if anyone applying to their MSTP has gotten one.

Members don't see this ad.

Mitro,

You should check your status at their website immediately. My secondary was made available on the 1st of September without official notification from UCSF by either email or snail mail. Fortunately, I checked it on the 3rd and found out. Just for your information, the MD application only requires your money. The MSTP application has the following questions (all of which have no word limit): 1) List the research projects on which you have worked 2)Please describe in detail your most recent research project 3) Please list publications, honors, and presentations resulting from your research experience and 4) Please describe briefly your reasons for applying to MSTP.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info. Didn't get one though - oh well, one less thing to worry about.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mitro said:
Thanks for the info. Didn't get one though - oh well, one less thing to worry about.

Hey there, I haven't got mine yet either. It says it is still in the review process when I check my application status. It does say that the review process may take 3-10 weeks. So I guess all we can do is to be patient. I think most people's impression is that CA schools are slower. So it's no surprise. Even Harvard finally made up their mind about secondaries. But UCSF is being slow for sure. On the other hand, I know a few people who have got their secondary at UCSF. So they are moving.
Don't worry, check their site regularly for any updates and best of luck

i just heard from UCSF, in the form of a rejection letter via snail mail. like you said though, one less think to worry about. the website says my app is still being processed though. i would just keep an eye on that site and hope you don't get a small letter in the mail.

good luck.