UCSF secondary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RockstarDMD

sUcCeSs iS mY OnLY OpTioN
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone I was wondering who applied to UCSF and if you did, have you received their secondary yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. Mailed out 7/13. Got secondary 7/20.

RockstarDMD said:
Hey everyone I was wondering who applied to UCSF and if you did, have you received their secondary yet?

I got one too..man is it long....

Members don't see this ad :)
Rook said:
I got one too..man is it long....

Check ur email. I got an email on 7/20 telling me to go on their website and download the secondary. It's basically the length of another AADSAS all over again

Lucass said:
Check ur email. I got an email on 7/20 telling me to go on their website and download the secondary. It's basically the length of another AADSAS all over again

Thanks, I have actually received that e-mail and the link. I was just wondering if everyone that applied received the link to the secondary. The reason I ask is because of the wording on the page directed by the link. It said something along the line of if you have not been sent this web address and have somehow received the link don't fill out the secondary. This made me wonder if UCSF does a pre-screen before asking for fees and secondary info and that maybe they don't send the link to all applicants. What do you guys and gals think?

RockstarDMD said:
Thanks, I have actually received that e-mail. I was just wondering if everyone that applied received the link to the secondary. The reason I ask is because of the wording on the page directed by the link. It said something along the line of if you have not been sent this web address and have somehow received the link don't fill out the secondary. This made me wonder if UCSF does a pre-screen before asking for fees and secondary info and that maybe they don't send the link to all applicants. What do you guys and gals think?

I'm pretty sure it's probably a pre-screen. Anybody can go onto the UCSF website and download the secondary but unless they have a real interest in you (that is, sent you the email with the link) then I doubt they'd take a serious look at it. For instance, I hear some people have received notice from UCLA asking them to go onto their website and download the secondary. I never got the notice but I still went onto their site and downloaded the secondary, but before I go throwing $60 away I guess I'll wait for the postcard that let's me know I've been "pre-screened." That's my $.02

WTF?!!! I have applied to UCSF as one of my schools, AADSAS mailed out my application on 7/21, but I didn't get any emails from UCSF!

I also was not mailed any secondaries either! :mad:

The hell with UCSF.

Yes, UCSF does pre-screen to give out secondary. Normally, it's fairly quick (in a week or two) if you meet their criteria. I wouldn't recommend mailing the secondary before they ask you to. If you feel you meet the criteria, it'd be a good idea to fill it first. When you get the email, just mail. That way it'll get you into the line faster.

How can we get the seconary questions ahead of time? on their web???
thanks!

Mach band said:
Yes, UCSF does pre-screen to give out secondary. Normally, it's fairly quick (in a week or two) if you meet their criteria. I wouldn't recommend mailing the secondary before they ask you to. If you feel you meet the criteria, it'd be a good idea to fill it first. When you get the email, just mail. That way it'll get you into the line faster.

i was notified of the secondary by regular snail mail. weird.

h0ckilla said:
i was notified of the secondary by regular snail mail. weird.

I havent even turned in my DAT scores, but I got a yellow card saying to go to the site and fill it out. what do they pre screen for???

GRAD said:
I havent even turned in my DAT scores, but I got a yellow card saying to go to the site and fill it out. what do they pre screen for???

When did aadsas mail your app?