UCSF secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Livineasi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay -- so the secondary app says "Please avoid repeating information already outlined in your AADSAS personal statement."
Of course I included info about my leadership ability and volunteering in my personal statement. I haven't done anything new in the last 2 months since completely my AADSAS app. - so I feel like the UCSF essays asking about leadership, volunteering, and dental observation include a lot of info I already brought up.

Anyone else having problems finding new things to say? Do you think its cool if I just elaborate slightly on stuff that was already mentioned in my personal statement? Or are they looking for completely new points for me to make and bring up?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm actually on SDN right now as a break from my UCSF secondary. :D

I'm in the same boat, I'm basically just going to elaborate on certain experiences since there isn't exactly anything new in the last couple of months.

Good luck and hopefully we'll see each other at interviews/school!!!!

(UCSF is like omg my totally #1 choice.)

rock on, i just dropped my UCSF secondary in the mailbox a few hours ago! i don't know about the both of you, but mine is deadline for it is Thursday. I'm glad it's finally done - what a monster!

I didn't really have a repeating-information problem because I didn't go into much detail on any of my activities in my personal statement, which was pretty strictly dentistry related, so the only thing I talked about in detail was shadowing.

however, i would think in your cases, there is nothing wrong with expanding on what you already have mentioned on AADSAS, so long as you go into more details. i think specific, concrete examples are very important in these secondary essays.

good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
rock on, i just dropped my UCSF secondary in the mailbox a few hours ago! i don't know about the both of you, but mine is deadline for it is Thursday. I'm glad it's finally done - what a monster!

I didn't really have a repeating-information problem because I didn't go into much detail on any of my activities in my personal statement, which was pretty strictly dentistry related, so the only thing I talked about in detail was shadowing.

however, i would think in your cases, there is nothing wrong with expanding on what you already have mentioned on AADSAS, so long as you go into more details. i think specific, concrete examples are very important in these secondary essays.

good luck!

I agree. Mine is due Thursday, as well. I'm planning on dropping it off Wednesday morning. It says not to repeat information, but it also says to describe in more detail certain aspects of your application. I think this is what they're really looking for. It gives you a chance to say what you learned from it, etc. So, I'd just pick something you think you'll be able to elaborate on, and go with it :) good luck!

hey guys so does anyone know if the Q in the ucsf secondary asking why they should pick you, requires a two sentance answer, or the whole space provided? I had such a hard time with that Q, so i wrote a little "story" it fits in the space provided, but it is a bit lengthly, and the Q does say "BRIEFLY". hhhmmmm:confused: